MSOC Forums

MSOC Forums (http://www.mkivsupraownersclub.com/forums/index.php)
-   New to the club? (http://www.mkivsupraownersclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Wanna be Supra owner here saying hi... (http://www.mkivsupraownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9881)

Sconch 1st December 2006 09:34 AM

Wanna be Supra owner here saying hi...

Hi all,

Have been toying with the idea os getting my hands on a Supra for some time now. I love em!!! I have been looking through the local pages and as yet found no joy. I was advised by a freind to join this club and see whats on offer. Firstly though I will need to get rid of my car (2001 2.2 auto Vauxhall Omiga) and bike (1988 Kawazaki ZX6R). Si if anyone would be interested in trade or anything, it will put me another step closer to sittinmg behind the whell of the ultimate:-)
This site seems great and when I do finally get the motor I shall rely on the weath of information that is being passed around here.

Many Thanks...

baz 1st December 2006 11:11 AM

hello and welcome.

be sure to have a good look around before u buy. loads of nice cars out there at the mo.

what are u looking for?? tt or n/a? uk or jap??

Sconch 1st December 2006 11:53 AM

Cheers for the reply. I'm looking for a Twin Turbo. Not overly worried if its UK or Jap, although I understand that the Jap cars are more often in better condition than the UK models. I don't want one that has been ramped too much but there is always that worry with any top end motors.
I spoke to my current insurers and they have said that they won't touch imports. Not the end of the world though. But am curious to how much insurance will be should I get an import that as had mods (which is what I will probably go for).

baz 1st December 2006 01:17 PM

have u tried talking to the club insurance company???

might be worth a gander???

there is a nice uk tt on fleebay at the mo. but it is pink! (i mean red) hee hee

chrisandrea 1st December 2006 01:32 PM

hello and good luck!

philness 1st December 2006 04:48 PM

Hi sconch & welcome I have a friend in Silverstone village called Mike Edginton I call him doctor toyota ,he has a tt manual with full body kit on for sale 01327858000 . He also does par x

Kev.O 1st December 2006 05:34 PM

Welcome sconch. Where about's in gloucestershire are you from? I'm in Bristol

Sconch 1st December 2006 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev.O (Post 77549)
Welcome sconch. Where about's in gloucestershire are you from? I'm in Bristol

I'm from the Forest of Dean buddy...:sheep:

Mike_Mac 1st December 2006 06:20 PM

Welcome to the club Sconch - good choice with the TT - after you've tried one you'll never look back (literally. :twisted: )

I'd try both manual and auto before you make your mind up - you might be surprised.

Would advise taking someone who knows Supes to have a look over any potential purchases also.

Good Luck!

suprarob 2nd December 2006 12:15 AM

welcome mate

:)