View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2005, 09:19 PM   #7
mothy

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

Hi There supradupra

I have just had that exact procedure done to mine. I bought a jap spec with an unknown low milage, second hand, history engine in it. As Martin suggests I would check the "Whole" of the engine right through.
The reason I say this is because my valve stem seals were fadeing and I took it in for them to be replaced. Big does and little does, We found that the engine had, had a slight oil problem in the past and there was scouring on the crank bearing and in one or two other places. This would have definatly lead to further problems down the line.
I wanted what you want 600+ bhp so I decided to have all new internal parts fitted, carn't remember exactly but it's pretty much everything other than the con rods and block. forged pistons, new crank, bearings, cams, pullies etc etc. (I go pick it up tomorrow). I think to avoid any problems in the future it will be for the best. It's not a cheap do but it all depends on how big your pockets are for what you get done.

The company I used was based in S. Cheshire near where I live called ABP motorsport, who are very very good, very knowledgeable, and participate in motosport themselves. I have used them for the past 4 - 5 years as they tuned my clio 172. I know they liased a few times with HKS and took advice from them on certain issues, which if you are going down the route of engine rebuild then I would say get advice from a single manufacture i.e Greddy, HKS etc and keep all the parts with them as they will all fit and interact with each other as they have been designed to do rather than mixing and matching different manufactures just to save money.

Hope this may help, pm me if you want any more info.

Tim good luck!