View Single Post
Old 24th March 2011, 03:49 PM   #2
Mustdriveslower

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.

What a nightmare! Now you know why I am bald! There is no common sense with insurance! I’d be very interested to know (by PM) which insurers these are, if you know of course. It’s my experience that they all take it in turns to be stupid at some point but there are some worthy candidates for the “dork insurer of the year award”.

This does not make sense. It is common knowledge that all claims are off on track, EXCEPT those involving wanton disregard or negligence. Someone going on to the track then turning around and driving the wrong way round would obviously be up for a law suite but not an insurance claim via their road insurance.

Again, track day insurance covers accidental damage and not liabilities to others, but is overridden by what ever the participant has signed! SO I think we should be looking at what is signed!

It is my understanding that only “valid and relevant claims” are what insurers are required to glean, and this does NOT include track days, but I could be wrong. If the above scenario was correct, then every time you or someone else, bumped any car you owned or were using, or was at work in charge of, you would have to log and report.

Now under the requirement for all policy holders to give “material disclosure of facts” technically you should tell your insurer every bump you have ever had, and then if it has any bearing on your insurance, they take it into note or if not, they don’t, BUT I know of no insurer I deal with who would participate in this scenario, unless the facts were wrong! “Hit whilst parked” (just forgot to say it was in the kitty litter!)

It is my understanding that the standard disclaimer we all sign at a track day, should apply and stop this happening. But, I will look and actually read the next track day form I sign (!) to make sure. I am reasonably sure that there is a universal disclaimer for damage claims to and from other participants as well as the organiser.

I would guess that this case you mention above is either an opportunist claim by A against B, or an over zealous insurer that is a jobsworth. I would hope that our current insurer scheme partner and those we have used previously would simply say “no cover” go away you are on your own. And probably not very politely either.

You also mentioned removing ALL of the no claims bonus, which is odd as there is a normal 2-year step back. Tell me, the companies that were involved, did they have any Broker presence. I.e. was a Broker claims department involved? We, as a course, and like most other Brokers, filter all claims communication and nip in the bud any that is obviously incorrect or wrong. Also, one individual policyholder yelling against an insurer, does not equal a Broker with a large book of business (in the hundreds if not millions of premium) yelling the same thing. Sorry for that commercial break I thought I’d just blow our trumpet there!

If you want to PM me with any confidential names of insurers etc I might be able to comment further, as there are some numpties……

Higos Insurance Services
01935 706258

http://www.higos.com/schemes/supra/

http://www.youtube.com/user/mustdriv.../4/FGHUSmPxd_w
Mustdriveslower is offline   Reply With Quote