MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > Technical > Non-Supra Tech Corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Non-Supra Tech Corner Technical discussions NOT specifically related to the MKIV Supra

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th April 2006, 09:23 AM   #1
~Rob~
Old Timer

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.
Question Wobbly Brakes & Blue Smoke...

The Supe's been off the road for approx 4 weeks, without wheels on. While she was on the drive, the brake disks became super rusty. when i started drivng the car again, the brake were more or less none existent but after a few miles the disks looked back to normal and the performance of the brakes was returning to. its now been around 400 miles, the disks look fully rust free and feel fine at speeds below 40mph. at speeds more than this, whe the brakes are applied it feels 'wobbly', almost like the ABS is coming in slightly. they dont stop you as much as they did before i took her off the road either. the wobble comes through the pedal and keeps doing it untill the speed is down to about 40mph. any thoughts? im thinking of taking off the pads and disks to have a closer look.

secondly, prior to me decatting the car i had an very so slight puff of blue on start up from the exhaust. ive thought valve stem seals for quite a while.
since the car has been decatted, this puff of blue has become substantially stronger and also happens when ive been pottering along, then kick down and if ive let her idle and give her a rev.
does this sound like v.s.s or possibly soething a little more sinister...?

ooh, one more, on the subject of the decat, shes holding 1.1 bar and spiking at 1.2!!??
i was only expecting 0.9 bar...! is this dangerous as im still on an 11year old stock SMIC.

My Old Car
~Rob~ is offline   Reply With Quote