MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > Members Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Members Projects Follow the progress of our members projects.

Old 12th June 2008, 09:21 PM   #411
Kev.O
Officially NOT in Wales!

UK Spec - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by andykaz View Post
Wow, i had no idea just how far reaching your engine work was untill reading this (and now i only have a very small appreciation).

Top work mate, great to see such enthusiasm and passion for a project. A lesson to us all
Thank you for the kind words Andy. We'll have to meet up and i'll take you for a ride once the engine i ran in and mapped
Old 12th June 2008, 10:14 PM   #412
andykaz

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.O View Post
Thank you for the kind words Andy. We'll have to meet up and i'll take you for a ride once the engine i ran in and mapped
I will hold you to that. Breathtaking attention to detail.
andykaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 02:05 AM   #413
jat4372

Single Turbo - Auto

That is the best looking thing I have ever seen. I know you have alot of time and money in that project. Very nice car.
jat4372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2008, 02:54 PM   #414
Kev.O
Officially NOT in Wales!

UK Spec - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat4372 View Post
That is the best looking thing I have ever seen. I know you have alot of time and money in that project. Very nice car.
Thank you for the kind words
Old 25th July 2008, 09:46 PM   #415
jat4372

Single Turbo - Auto

Kev on you wastegate where does the vaccum port on the bottom of the wastegate go. Does it get caped off or does it run back to a vaccum sorce. I know that the top port hooks into the boost controller then to the pressure port on the turbo, but the book I have for my boost controller does not shoe where the port on the bottom of the wastegate goes.
Thanks.
Old 25th July 2008, 10:13 PM   #416
Kev.O
Officially NOT in Wales!

UK Spec - Manual

Quote:
Kev on you wastegate where does the vaccum port on the bottom of the wastegate go. Does it get caped off or does it run back to a vaccum sorce. I know that the top port hooks into the boost controller then to the pressure port on the turbo, but the book I have for my boost controller does not shoe where the port on the bottom of the wastegate goes.
Thanks.
The bottom port goes onto the other port on the boost controller. Have a look at this bud:

Old 26th July 2008, 02:49 AM   #417
jat4372

Single Turbo - Auto

Thanks. Do you have anything on the fuel pump for the wiring at the pump. I ran two pump in the tank and I am going to run another power and relay for the other pump but I need to know which wire at the pigtail is power. I think one is blue and the other is tan/black strip. I know there are five wires but the other three are constant power and the other two are for the sending unit-fuel gauge.

Last edited by jat4372; 26th July 2008 at 02:51 AM.
Old 26th July 2008, 09:17 PM   #418
Kev.O
Officially NOT in Wales!

UK Spec - Manual

I'm ony running a single Walbro pump so I'm afraid I don't have any info. Have you looked on www.mkiv.com ?
Old 27th July 2008, 02:16 AM   #419
jat4372

Single Turbo - Auto

yes and could not find it. But its after I get everything hooked up and ready to start I can find out which wire is hot when I crank the engine over. By the way I bought a single kit like yours. T 67, aem standalone, DLI, 4 Inch exhaust all the way out, 3 inch intercooler pipeing all the way around. But the kit I got came with 1000cc injectors and I am wondering if that is going to be way to my fuel, or can I adjust it out ok. Also got number 8 fuel line.
But my kit is not polished so it does not look as good as yours. Also if it would be any help to you I have a titian motorsport tune for my aem, if it could help.
Old 27th July 2008, 08:29 PM   #420
Kev.O
Officially NOT in Wales!

UK Spec - Manual

Quote:
yes and could not find it. But its after I get everything hooked up and ready to start I can find out which wire is hot when I crank the engine over. By the way I bought a single kit like yours. T 67, aem standalone, DLI, 4 Inch exhaust all the way out, 3 inch intercooler pipeing all the way around. But the kit I got came with 1000cc injectors and I am wondering if that is going to be way to my fuel, or can I adjust it out ok. Also got number 8 fuel line.
But my kit is not polished so it does not look as good as yours. Also if it would be any help to you I have a titian motorsport tune for my aem, if it could help.
Sounds similar. One thing I will say about the 4" exhaust is due to the v-band, the ground clearance isn't as good as it used to be I'm not that sure on the injectors to be honest. How are you getting on with the install? Have you thought about starting your own members project thread? I'd love to see some progress pictures

Thanks for the offer of the map but I'm hoping to get the guy who sorted out my base map back once I finally get time to run my engine in.