Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > Exterior, Interior and Detailing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Exterior, Interior and Detailing How to make your Supra look good

Old 2nd March 2006, 10:50 PM   #11
modellista

US Spec TT - Manual

Hey guys, appretiate the criticism,

Here's a few things to clarify.

The hood (bonnet) is not bolted on , we just threw it on top of the car to hide the *special engine bay*

all the corners and lines have not been sanded down yet because we need to make use of hard edges for measurement purposes.

Lastly the last 10% will bring the car in unison together, the car was barely primered to take these shots and has not been sanded down accordingly.

with that being said, i'm proud to unveil a true road course attacking widebody capable of accompanying the widest tires possible.

someone spoke in regards to fitment, yet this is just the plug, maybe you were refering to the hood sitting off the hinges?

this will be a limited production kit, be on the look out for some in the US and Japan once its done w/ paint

-Curtis
Modellista Designs

Last edited by modellista; 2nd March 2006 at 10:59 PM.
modellista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 11:41 PM   #12
modellista

US Spec TT - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by modellista
Hey guys, appretiate the criticism,

Here's a few things to clarify.

The hood (bonnet) is not bolted on , we just threw it on top of the car to hide the *special engine bay*

all the corners and lines have not been sanded down yet because we need to make use of hard edges for measurement purposes.

Lastly the last 10% will bring the car in unison together, the car was barely primered to take these shots and has not been sanded down accordingly.

with that being said, i'm proud to unveil a true road course attacking widebody capable of accompanying the widest tires possible.

someone spoke in regards to fitment, yet this is just the plug, maybe you were refering to the hood sitting off the hinges?

this will be a limited production kit, be on the look out for some in the US and Japan once its done w/ paint

-Curtis
Modellista Designs

our inspiration and somewhat what it will look like once paint goes on

Last edited by modellista; 2nd March 2006 at 11:44 PM.
modellista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 11:55 PM   #13
Suprash
Sex, drugs and Hardhouse

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

Hi, thanks for visiting, nice to get to talk to the people behind it.

From my statement I said earlier it is because like you say its not sanded down and finished yet. Personally I like Supra bonnets that are lifted up and vented at the back, think it has a real race pedigree thing behind it......cant wait for the finished pics....
Hybrid turbos,full de-cat,HKS Hyper,Blitz Induction kit,Apexi Boost & EGT gauge,Southbend clutch,Lightened flywheel,Goodridge steel brake lines,Walbro pump/FSE & AFR,Racing hart wheels,Blitz skirts and a Bomex front.
Suprash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 11:58 PM   #14
Suprash
Sex, drugs and Hardhouse

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

In fact looking at the pics side by side, that will be pretty spot on once you have teh square edges rounded off..........nice job, how much for the kit, or cant you say.....
Hybrid turbos,full de-cat,HKS Hyper,Blitz Induction kit,Apexi Boost & EGT gauge,Southbend clutch,Lightened flywheel,Goodridge steel brake lines,Walbro pump/FSE & AFR,Racing hart wheels,Blitz skirts and a Bomex front.
Suprash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2006, 01:15 AM   #15
modellista

US Spec TT - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprash
Hi, thanks for visiting, nice to get to talk to the people behind it.

From my statement I said earlier it is because like you say its not sanded down and finished yet. Personally I like Supra bonnets that are lifted up and vented at the back, think it has a real race pedigree thing behind it......cant wait for the finished pics....
if a bonnet is properly designed it doesn't need washers in the back to lift it up

thanks for the compliment, i'll post pics once its finnished.

$7400 fiberglass
Old 3rd March 2006, 09:17 AM   #16
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

Please make sure you are aware of our traders policy before you start talking about price and supply.

By rights your account should have been disabled immediately as we haven't received a traders application from you. However as this particular product of yours has no real competition will leave your account active at the moment.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2006, 09:29 AM   #17
modellista

US Spec TT - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin F
Please make sure you are aware of our traders policy before you start talking about price and supply.

By rights your account should have been disabled immediately as we haven't received a traders application from you. However as this particular product of yours has no real competition will leave your account active at the moment.
thats not a problem,

the price was actually posted by whomever posted this thread in the first place since he copied and pasted from supraforums.com

if you would like i can remove the price from my own post but you'd have to contact the thread starter to remove the price in his thread also

thanks

-Curtis
Old 3rd March 2006, 12:03 PM   #18
supra dave
Jap Junkie

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

it ok, but to me it steels the sleak roundyness of the supra, maybe look a bit better on something like a sykline r34, or something a bit more square

Dave
supra dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2006, 08:11 PM   #19
Cuthbert
Old Timer

UK Spec - Auto

I like the JGTC supras very much, & this kit looks like it will be very nice. It's just missing one thing though - the very high wheel arches that allow the suspension to be so low & giving it that proper racecar look.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2006, 02:55 PM   #20
Supradude666
Wants My Car On The Road

Jap Spec SZ - 5 sp Manual (NA)
Send a message via AIM to Supradude666 Send a message via MSN to Supradude666 Send a message via Yahoo to Supradude666

Yea i like the look of that kit..

just like driving your very own JGTC hehe....

18" OZ Superleggera's, Custom Stainless exhaust system with second decat, Needs more POWER.
Supradude666 is offline   Reply With Quote