MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > Traders & Tuners > Thor Racing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Thor Racing Check in with the guys from Thor, chat to them about their services and products.

Old 3rd September 2007, 12:13 PM   #1
kevo

Default Has Thor gone bust.....??????

Guys...Has THOR gone bust.....??????
The reason i`m asking is becouse everytime i try to ring them,The bloody phone is on answer machine....I have left my details for them to return my call.....And,I may as well be waiting for the Titanic to re-float.....
I wanted to know if thay have a new supply of the speed de-limiters + kms-Mmph converters yet........PERHAPS WE NEED TO LOOK ELSEWHERE AT OTHER EXAMPLES if we are being ignored......??????
kevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 12:16 PM   #2
UltraFlynn
[52.4 Miles] 50 MC 8:41

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.

I havn't heard anything to that effect.

UltraFlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 12:19 PM   #3
kevo

YES,YES,YES.....I managed to speak to someone just now......Not available yet......So may have to look elsewhere......Anyone know any others that are as good as the thor type....I`m wanting to de-limit the restrictor + Convert from KMS to MPH Please.....?????
Old 3rd September 2007, 12:51 PM   #4
Mike_Mac

Jap Spec RZ - Auto (TT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevo View Post
YES,YES,YES.....I managed to speak to someone just now......Not available yet......So may have to look elsewhere......Anyone know any others that are as good as the thor type....I`m wanting to de-limit the restrictor + Convert from KMS to MPH Please.....?????
Sorry Kev, but it looks like we're floating in the same boat on this one! I've had similar problems getting through and sent an E-Mail yesterday, so I'll probably have the good news waiting for me when I get home.

I've been doing some digging and there isn't really many other options to de-limit and convert. Ward1955 posted a link to some SVA approved converters in my DSC wanted thread, but I've done some digging and unfortunately it's of the type that attaches to the speed signal wire immediately next to the gearbox, not at the dash. This isn't too good because it changes the speed signal at source, which then throws out all the functions further down the chain that require a 1:1 speed signal to work correctly (Progressive Power Steering, Active Spoiler, Cruise etc). If I'm wrong about that then please let me know.

I'll keep digging and If I find anything out i'll let you know (if you could do the same?). One option I'm going to try is to source one from a breakers. There has to be a few working converters knocking about in a knocked about J-Spec Supra!

EDIT: No there doesn't seem to be any in Scrappies - Bu**er!

Last edited by Mike_Mac; 4th September 2007 at 11:35 AM.
Mike_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 05:46 PM   #5
Mike_Mac

Jap Spec RZ - Auto (TT)

[QUOTE=kevo;94266]YES,YES,YES.....I managed to speak to someone just now......Not available yet......QUOTE]

Kev,

Did they say when they'd be making more?
Mike_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2007, 08:56 PM   #6
kevo

[QUOTE=Mike_Mac;94288]
Quote:
YES,YES,YES.....I managed to speak to someone just now......Not available yet......QUOTE]

Kev,

Did they say when they'd be making more?
Yeh-Mike....Thay said perhaps around end of month...But,It sounded to me more like sometime next month........??????

Do you know if the ones from Import solutions are any good.....?????
Old 3rd September 2007, 10:10 PM   #7
kevo

[QUOTE=kevo;94301]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Mac View Post

Yeh-Mike....Thay said perhaps around end of month...But,It sounded to me more like sometime next month........??????

Do you know if the ones from Import solutions are any good.....?????
I`m going to enquire at import solutions tomorrow...I`ll let you know the outcome.....
I`m going to be asking wether there`s takes its signal from the Gearbox speed signal or not......A mate has one of these fitted for 5 years and to date not had any problems whatsoever.....?????

Keep an eye on this thread mike........
Old 3rd September 2007, 11:01 PM   #8
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

[QUOTE=kevo;94304]
Quote:

I`m going to be asking wether there`s takes its signal from the Gearbox speed signal or not......
Errrr all speedo converters take their signal from the gearbox speed signal, what other signal could you use?

The specific thing about the Thor units, is they actually buffer and make available the original signal to feed the accessories which shouldn't have a divided signal. In theory you could change the wiring around to feed the original signal to the accessories as well as the speedo converter, but this will only work if the speedo converter has a high impedance input.

That aside, you will still have your speed limit as the Thor DSC+TSD actually cap's the 1:1 signal. You'd need a SLD as well as a Speedo converter to overcome this, and they both need to have high impedance inputs so as not to drag the signal down.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2007, 09:57 AM   #9
kevo

Thanks for correcting me on this again.....I was going by Mike`s reply(Sorry mike):-Quote-

I've been doing some digging and there isn't really many other options to de-limit and convert. Ward1955 posted a link to some SVA approved converters in my DSC wanted thread, but I've done some digging and it's of the type that attaches to the gearbox mounted speed signal wire. This isn't too good because it'll throw off all the functions that require a true speed signal to work correctly (Progressive Power Steering, Active Spoiler, Cruise etc). If I'm wrong about that then please let me know.

And took it,It was wrong....You have got to bear in mind i`m a complete novice to the Supra yet......And,The scoobies ect that i see more off...Are a simple Bolt-in-line reduction gear...(Or the ones i have seen so-far anyway)....Its like riding a bike...I`ll fall off a couple of times ....But,Give me time.....And i`ll be on the tour-de-france.....Ha,Ha,Ha.....
Old 4th September 2007, 10:05 AM   #10
kevo

MARTIN.....Do you know if the TSD+KLM to MPH item from Import solutions are any good mate....??????

I`m hoping to get my supra all sorted and with me within the next 2 weeks...And,I may as well get the Cat1 alarm fitted at the same time as the above item to save removing the dash again.....The guys at thor said around the end of the month...But,Honestly by the sound of things it will be a little time after that......??????
Thank you......