MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > General Supra Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General Supra Chat All other Supra related chat.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th June 2008, 07:32 PM   #1
Mustdriveslower

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.
Default Insurance - agreed value for J Spec

Hi Everyone,

Further to the posts under newbie section I'd like to open a couple of threads to gain insight and knowledge into why you all want agreed value cover on J Spec models, so much. Why is it such a big "want"? I need to know.

As I am sure you are aware the is pretty much a "no no" in Insurance circles mainly because when J Spec cars started coming into the country there were a lot of pitfalls as the components and build quality were not as good as good ole blighties. Tales of thinner glass, inferior paint and body panels that were unique to the home market cars gave insurance companies the heebies.

Very soon a J Spec car was loaded on the premium and cover was pulled in. Values were estimated to be 30% less than UK spec cars. Horror stories abound of parts taking 6 months to be sourced in japan, so we know the history of why J spec could not get agreed value. And it still sticks.

But, Supras I am told are not Estima/Previas etc and their differences are small. Also why if you have completely rebuilt a J Spec isn't it every bit as good if not better that a UK car? Good point I say and have has good results negotiating this point with the insurer we use for our club scheme.

What I need from you guys is some plus's and minus's for and against so I have knowledge to make my mind up as to whether we do offer AV for J spec. I want to do it, so guys (and gals) give me cogent reasons why I should. I can't open the door and simply say yes, I need reasons before doing so.

Maybe they simply are not the vast differences with supras (so give me chapter and verse), maybe it should be only those that have been rebuilt?

Let's have a free for all, hash things out. If you can help me to have the right underwriting stance on this one you can have it. After all this is YOUR scheme and here I am your man in charge. talk to me!

Agreed value for J Spec. Over to you all for discussion.

Higos Insurance Services
01935 706258

http://www.higos.com/schemes/supra/

http://www.youtube.com/user/mustdriv.../4/FGHUSmPxd_w
Mustdriveslower is offline   Reply With Quote