MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > General Supra Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General Supra Chat All other Supra related chat.

Old 24th April 2009, 06:16 PM   #1
suprasteve

Jap Spec SZ - 5 sp Manual (NA)
Send a message via MSN to suprasteve
Default Insurance renewel

Ok, so its that time of year again when the insurance companies comes knocking ppromising the earth and delivering nothing (apart from a High premium that is) . I have my insurance with Adrian Flux and to be honest they hav been pretty competative over the last couple of years.

Can I say at this point please no one suggest that I should try out the club preffered insurers as they won't quote me because of my post code.

So I get my renewel of £410.00 which as far as Im concerned is pretty competative with other insurers (I paid £403 last year) and along with the letter I get a price promise to beat anyone else's quote. So with this collatoral in my hand I gave them a ring to see if I could negotiate a better price. I was informed that the price quoted is the best price available but if I could get a better quote give them a ring back and they will beat it!

Along to Confussed.com to get my better quote which only took 5 minutes and I ring them back:

Adrian F:OK sir lets see what we can do, We can offer you the same company at £330
Me:But you said you couldn't get a better quote than £410
Adrian F:But we supply the price promise so we said we would beat it and we have
Me: Why didn't you do that for me at the start
Adrian F:Bullshit , bullshit, Bullshit .

Now correct me if I'm wrong but that's not great customer service , they know full well they can offer me a better price but won't until I have to put effort in to prove that they are not competative. Why don't they just give me a quote which they know is there best price rather than feck me around on the phone for half an hour.

I just don't get it !

And breathe !

Steve's thought of the day:
Always walk in another mans shoes for a mile before criticising him. That way if he takes offence you'll be a mile away and he will be chasing you in socks!

suprasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

I can see your point as I just went through a similar sort of thing with our house insurance and was a bit pissed that I had to go through all the hassle and threaten with moving insurance just to get a lower premium.

However, to be pragmatic, how do you know they are not giving you the premium at less than their cost, rather than their best price?

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 06:14 AM   #3
dunk shaw
Old Timer

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprasteve View Post

Now correct me if I'm wrong but that's not great customer service , they know full well they can offer me a better price but won't until I have to put effort in to prove that they are not competative. Why don't they just give me a quote which they know is there best price rather than feck me around on the phone for half an hour.

I just don't get it !

And breathe !
Afraid this is how most ins companies (brokers) work, if youve got it sorted in half an hour then not too bad
Old 26th April 2009, 07:17 AM   #4
Mike_Mac

Jap Spec RZ - Auto (TT)

I've always played the 'shittle-diplomacy' game with insurers at renewal and have never failed to get a much lower quote from my current insurer than that given initially.

Can't say i'm surprised, as they will try to make as much profit from you as they can, but the claim of offering the cheapest quote and then bettering themselves sounds very un-moral to me.
Mike_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote