MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > General Supra Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General Supra Chat All other Supra related chat.

Old 6th September 2011, 07:12 AM   #1
mrboost

Default After nearly 4 years on the road

Well managed to get my car back on the road and mot and taxed. I had a strange one, my car has no front side lights. I had three auto techys look at the car and said I needed this part and that and it still never worked. After nearly 4 years of been stored in a garage I decided the only person to fix it would be myself. It was also a waste having a shiny low mileage supra sat around doing nothing. So I managed to buy a complete loom of fleabay for 40quid bargain!!!. Using the new loom to look at, I traced the lighting loom, and I managed to manually find the fault, the back of the fuse box in the floor well, the lights come throught the drivers side wing from engine bay and connect at the top of the fusebox at the rear their is another connection that runs else where, the muppets who fitted one of the many alarms have pulled at the fusebox that much, they had streched the connection, one wire was effected and that was the front sidelights, quick snip and corrected fault, hey presto. Took some doing but well satified now, swapped the HKS (rusty) exhaust for and shiny new blitz and she flew the mot :-)

Back on the road
mrboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 11:59 AM   #2
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

Sounds like your case really is one of those ones along the lines of 'if you want a job done properly, best to do it yourself'.

Good to hear you're back on the road, and happy birthday !

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2011, 09:20 AM   #3
mrboost

Hi Martin

Yeah Thanks, I did have it on the road some time last year to go to a funeral in, but it was on my mates trade plates. Naughty but the chap who died was part of a car club we use to be in, so had to take the supe. But so glad she back on the road. Had a GT4, four Imprezas, a T5 Volvo all ad runarounds but nothing like a supra. :-)
mrboost is offline   Reply With Quote