MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > Technical > ICE
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ICE All in-car entertainment issues

Old 20th September 2005, 01:53 PM   #1
B6AVE

Send a message via MSN to B6AVE

Hello all does anyone know of a usb to headunit cable so I can run my creative zen micro mp3 player in my car. I have a gadget so that I can run it through my radio but the sound qualitiy isnt that good an i have to have it on a empty signal otherwise everyone i pass picks it up. WOuld love a cable that I can have hidden so I can just plug in an go
toyota supra GZ TARGA TT jap Greddy titanium exhaust, envy decatted, apexi safc 2, TRD fuelcut defender, blitz induction kit, uk spec brakes and wheels, resprayed in cosmos blue, oyster leather retrim, custom ice install, personal plate B6 AVE aka BE AVE
B6AVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2005, 07:05 AM   #2
(MatW)
Losing my mind

Jap Spec SZ - 5 sp Manual (NA)

Not sure about the USB to headunit cable, dont think this is really possible as the USB cable is for data and not sound as the creative zen works like a walkman you would need a headunit that supports USB streaming, the best option is if your head unit has an AUX in, not all head units have this and can be either one of two connections, either ?

1. Phono connections on the back of the headunit marked AUX IN or

2. the Multi-Disc changer connection can sometimes be changed to a Aux in (if your not using a CD changer that is) with the aid of a cable

so you either need a jack to two phono cable in the case of number one above and connect from the headphone socket on the zen or the adaptor cable for the CD AUX in

if you don't have either of these if you have a cassette head unit then theres always one of those tape adapter thingies you can get from anywhere for about a tenner, if not then the modulator you already have that tunes to the radio is probably your only hope.
(MatW) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2005, 09:15 AM   #3
B6AVE

Send a message via MSN to B6AVE

im not using a multiplayer so may pop down to a hifi shop and see what they can do cheers mate.
toyota supra GZ TARGA TT jap Greddy titanium exhaust, envy decatted, apexi safc 2, TRD fuelcut defender, blitz induction kit, uk spec brakes and wheels, resprayed in cosmos blue, oyster leather retrim, custom ice install, personal plate B6 AVE aka BE AVE
B6AVE is offline   Reply With Quote