MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > General Supra Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General Supra Chat All other Supra related chat.

Old 20th May 2004, 09:28 AM   #21

She does indeed drive. She used to own a 4 litre jag of all things... she's only tiny too!

18k is a tad out of my league right now. like you say though, could get lucky!
Old 20th May 2004, 09:36 AM   #22
EmmaG
Old Timer

UK Spec - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (d3x @ May 20 2004,10:28)]She does indeed drive. She used to own a 4 litre jag of all things... she's only tiny too! ?

18k is a tad out of my league right now. like you say though, could get lucky!
4 litre? excellent! She will love driving the Supra.

Well the ?18k was nearly three years ago so prices have come down a bit since then.
EmmaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2004, 10:18 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Well the ?18k was nearly three years ago so prices have come down a bit since then.
.........you've made my day..
Old 22nd May 2004, 02:43 PM   #24
Suprz_RZ

d3x, dont be afraid of bringing in your own supra from jap, alright it takes a while to get here, and you might have to wait for a while till the right one comes along in the auctions, but the money you will save.

Take a look at my post "NOOB" to see a pic of the one I just brought in from Jap.

93 tt auto with full veilside bodykit and TRD 17" alloy split rims.

Pretty standard spec, just air filter and exhaust upgrade, but here's the fun bit.

Shes only done 18,000 kms. Yes, 11,000 miles roughly and how much do you think it cost all in, on the road in the UK.

Go on, guess...... have a think what you would pay for a car with that sort of miles on her.....

?7,100

Yup, thats all , for a lot of car.

When you see these fresh imports at dealers, they all say that you are saving a couple of grand by buying from them. well, Lets say their markup is ?3k. that means you will save ?5k doing it all your self.

If you are prepared to deal over the internet, send money to some guy in Japan before even seeing the car other than a few pics on the auction house website and a brief description on it, then you can save loads.

For ?12k, easy to get a standard manual tt with low miles newer than mine. For ?12k, you could have one newer than mine and modded to buggery if you want, still with low miles. however, dont go that route, as you may save a lot on the cost of modding, but modded cars in Japan get caned all the time.

Stock TT with HKS filter and SS pipe. + CW double de-cat.
Veilside C1 bodykit, minus front bumper due to \"badger\" incedent last year.
IK24's to be fitted so she dont misfire at 1.2 bar!
Suprz_RZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2004, 03:24 PM   #25
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

There are lots of agents in Japan that will go and check out cars for you and send back pics, and a report also they can arrange shipping for you.

Like all things some are no doubt better than others, but ask around as people in the UK importing cars can no doubt recommend somebody. As Supra_RZ says importing a fully modded car is a bit risky as you never know quite how well the work has been done or how the car has been used. If you were going to do this it may be worth either taking a holiday over there or trying to find an agent who has a passion for Supra's.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote