MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > Members Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Members Projects Follow the progress of our members projects.

Old 12th June 2007, 03:17 PM   #1
UltraFlynn
[52.4 Miles] 50 MC 8:41

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.
Red face In search of perfection

The Perfection List v1.1

Fix Induction Leak - It'll be a hose that has perished
Idle Rattle - I've got a very very very very annoying rattle on idle and sometime's going round tight corners. Current candidate is the 1st cat.
Full Decat and Restrictor Ring - I still have the front cat fitted. I want a full decat and a 1.1bar restrictor ring put in. I now have an Envy 1st decat, just need to get bolts and gaskets.
Inspect Crankcase Breather System - Need to make sure this is working ok
Renew radiator hose - I have an aftermarket item at the moment, I'd like this put back to standard. I have a replacement OEM item which needs fitting.
Renew Vac Hoses - I'd like to replace all the rubber pipework on the car.
Check 12v Fuel Pump Mod - Needs re-doing as it's permanently on.
Speakers - My O/S speaker doesn't work, it'll be dodgy wiring.
Misc. Wiring - There's quite a bit of wiring under the bonnet which can be removed because it's either not used or massively too long.
Airbag Light - Mine has been removed (probably because someone couldn't figure out how to get it to go off). I have a replacement, just need to fit it.
N e o n s - Don't laugh too much. I don't want one's under the car. I'd already got some inside and I'd like them to work again.
Front Indicators - Bye bye little orange blobs. Hello clear ones and facelift one's. Cheers Baz.
Rust - Drivers-side wheel arch is getting rusty where the bodykit is blended into the body. There's also a little rust bubbling up round the windscreen.
Paintwork - My car has had a re-spray but around the doors and windows that paint is coming off. It looks ok at a distance but up close not so good. There also a few other places on the car where the paintwork needs attending to.
Paint Chips on Door - Need plenty of build-up of paint, then wet-sand and polish
Stone Chips - 20 of them on the bonnet alone
Dents - There are two small dents which need to be PDR'ed out. 1. O/S rear of the bonnet 2. N/S front of wing
Radiator Painting - The front of the radiator needs painting black. Simple job really.
Active Spoiler - Hopefully I should be getting one soon. (Thanks Rico) Will need fixings.
Front Lip Painting - I'd like the front lip painted silver to match the car. If the active spoiler is fitted then I'd like that painted silver too.
Front Wiper Blades - Are at the end of their life.
Boot Rubbers - Squeak, squeak, squeak. Need replacing.
Boost Gauge - I have the worlds largest and badly placed boost gauge. It needs ripping out and one mounted on the a-pillar.
Glovebox - My centre one is broken. The lid is fine but I need a replacement for the glovebox. Unfortunately this is part of the big plastic central bit so the whole lot will need replacing. (Pretty sure the part number for this is 58911-14121-C0)
Plastics - It's a 12 year old car and the interior plastics have taken some damage over the year. Bits that are broken need replacing. This includes the dash panels which have some marks on them.
Handbrake and Gearknob - Both are looking their age. Need to sort out replacement items.
Rear Bumper - Need to fit a missing plastic retainer.
Jack & Tools - I still havn't got myself a standard jack. MartinF kindly supplied me with a spare wheel (which has already been used). I wouldn't mind getting hold of the standard tools as well just to make it look nice.
Passenger Seat Refurb - The back of my passenger seat is covered by what looks like paint and I need to find a way of safely removing it.
New Carpet Mats - My blue one's look tired and need replacing.
Electronic Boost Controller - Regardless of atmospherics I want to be able to dial in a boost level.
Re-Gas Aircon - Mine's not too cold
Replace Radiator Cap - It's getting old
Bleed Air from Cooling System - I get gurgling noises when revving.
Battery Terminals - Mine are pretty knackered and need replacing.
Dials - My speedo reads all the way up to 300 mph which is a little silly. I'd quite like to get the Thor Dials fitted but before ordering I'd need to check what needs to be done to convert properly.
Horn Driver Mounting - My aftermarket horns have a large driver unit and that's not fitted very well. This needs to be mounted solidly. Darryl has very kindly offered to make up a bracket for me. I just need to make up a cardboard template and get that too him.
Undertray - I have one but I need all the fasteners, then I need to fit it.
Bonnet Sound Proofing - It's hanging off a bit and is rather discoloured. Both need sorting.
Clean Aircon Cooler & Other Bits - When you look through the front of the car it just looks untidy. Things need cleaning and polishing.
Refurb Hubs & Calipers - Both the hubs and calipers need some work to make them look nice. The new alloys hide more of the hubs but still they need doing.
Stereo Mounting - I'm missing a few of the screws which hold the stereo in. (p/n: 4x 90153-50012, 4x 90159-50238)
Wheel Arch Liner - I'm missing some plastic retainers on the front drivers side.
Doors Screw Covers - I'm missing some screw covers from several of the screws in my doors.
Carpet Cleaning - I'd love to remove the whole interior carpet and thoroughly clean it.
Bonnet Latches - This sticks and doesn’t allow the bonnet to latch properly
Engine On/Off Vibration - Since I had problems with my bonnet, which came at the end of a 2 week layoff my engine vibrates noticeably more on startup and shutdown.
Respray & Repair - 1. O/S bottom rear bumper 2. Skirts 3. O/S spat cracked
Polish Headlights - They have become dull again and need polishing
Remove Swirl Marks - Need to get the right products and remove all swirl marks on the car
Boost Gauge - Need to get some vacuum hosing and get this working again.
N/S Wheel Kurbing - Needs professionally fixing
Front Bumper - There’s lots of bits missing from the bumper
Odometer Cover - Need to order a new cover and fit it
Tyres - Need to get a new set
Suspension - Need to decide whether to fit the standard suspension. Need to get measurements of how it will affect ride height first.
Suspension Geometry - Need checking again once the tyres and suspension are sorted out.
Warped Front Disks - This has happened before, the current one's lasted 2 years.
Oil Leaks - 1. Front of crank case 2. Sump at rear n/s
Door Surrounds - My car must have had wind deflectors fitted at some time and now the door surrounds have a large gap
Fuse Covers - Mine are scratched and need replacing
Engine Cover - Mine has a chunk knocked out of the front and doesn't look so good
MSOC Stickers - Third time lucky .... I'd like to get some on my car

Last edited by UltraFlynn; 13th June 2007 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Added a few more items
UltraFlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 03:32 PM   #2
dunk shaw
Old Timer

Shit you werent kidding were you but lots of this is easy sorted.
Old 12th June 2007, 03:37 PM   #3
UltraFlynn

Do you understand now why I had a bit of a wobble this morning.

Old 12th June 2007, 03:37 PM   #4
dunk shaw
Old Timer

Perhaps the best thing would be to start with all the mechanical work and then hit the cosmetic stuff.
Old 12th June 2007, 03:41 PM   #5
dunk shaw
Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
Do you understand now why I had a bit of a wobble this morning.

Yep i do but only if you look at the list youve put up as whole instead of breaking it down.

Lots of it should be simple and not major expensive to sort out.

We do it all the time with race cars and the list in the begining is daunting as there virtually stripped and rebuilt, and i mean stripped !!
Old 12th June 2007, 03:50 PM   #6
Cuthbert
Old Timer

UK Spec - Auto

Matt, I reckon that list is only slightly longer than mine. In the past I've found it helpfull to group together items that can be done together - i.e. if I needed to take the dash off to sort something I'd make sure I had all the bit & peices I needed to do several jobs together. It knocks a few things off the list & makes you feel happier.
I can really sympathise as sometimes I feel exactly the same & I don't really have much time anymore to get to work on the car.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 04:01 PM   #7
Gambit
Old Timer

Jap Spec GZ - Auto Aerotop (TT)

Your first post about selling and getting a car that has it all done was hopefull if you ask me m8 unless you are going for a show car.
Or a car that belongs to someone obsessed and your not going to find him unless you angle that interior mirror a bit more to the right. lol

I have the glovebox part that you mentioned, but it's not perfect so we can cross that off.

I have a set of top and bottom hoses in Blue but I think you want stock, so we can cross that off too.

Dent's I know a man who will do the hole car for £80 or less and he's ace.

Boot rubbers are easy to do and cost next to nothing.

I have a Radiator cap that is perfect and doesn't fit my car anymore, free if you want it.

Hubs, I used Hammerite from Halrauds.

J-Spec
Twin Turbo Aerotop
3G Brakes
Blitz nur spec r
Full Stainless DC
Blitz Active Front Spoiler Controler
Greddy Boost + EXT Gauges
Running 1bar
OZ Superleggera
UK Spec Bonnet Scoop
UK Glass Headlamps
Mines ECU
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 08:50 PM   #8
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

Matt, you know one day i'm going to bring my tools round, the TRSM ........................and a big deck chair for me

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2007, 09:27 PM   #9
dunk shaw
Old Timer

Face lift indicators your fitting at JAE so cross off list
Wiper blades really dont count cross off list
Standard jack, ive got 1 thats no
use to me with my kit on the car so its yours if you want it, im in the AA cross off list
Old 12th June 2007, 09:27 PM   #10
UltraFlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
Your first post about selling and getting a car that has it all done was hopefull if you ask me m8 unless you are going for a show car.
Or a car that belongs to someone obsessed and your not going to find him unless you angle that interior mirror a bit more to the right. lol

I have the glovebox part that you mentioned, but it's not perfect so we can cross that off.

I have a set of top and bottom hoses in Blue but I think you want stock, so we can cross that off too.

Dent's I know a man who will do the hole car for £80 or less and he's ace.

Boot rubbers are easy to do and cost next to nothing.

I have a Radiator cap that is perfect and doesn't fit my car anymore, free if you want it.

Hubs, I used Hammerite from Halrauds.
Radiator cap would be lovely. Cheers.

What colour did you do your hubs in?

Need to find someone close by for the Dents. Worcester would cost more in petrol than the repair cost.