MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > Members Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Members Projects Follow the progress of our members projects.

Old 2nd April 2009, 11:03 AM   #1
Supradude666
Wants My Car On The Road

Jap Spec SZ - 5 sp Manual (NA)
Send a message via AIM to Supradude666 Send a message via MSN to Supradude666 Send a message via Yahoo to Supradude666
Default My supra project underway again (yes i feel Cursed)

Well it seems everytime i get some money or the opportuinity to start getting my supra back on the road something happens like i loose my job or something at home goes wrong or needs the money more than my car (missus's oppinion not mine lol), but im determined this time to make a start and get my rejuvination properly underway.. as im still currently out of work right now im going to tackle the jobs that dont require much money first,

i plan to redo the paint job get it upto scratch (id like to change the bodywork put a kit on when money allows). Im looking to do as much of the work myself to cut caosts and as im bodyshop trained that shouldnt be a problem.

I need to tidy up the interior.

First tho im gonna tackle cleaning up and sorting out my brakes, as the car has been stood for far too long the brakes need taking off and sorting out.. I already have the stuff to do that so its a job thast wont cost me anything.

The most impotrant jobs tho and most costly is to replace the clutch and flywheel and to replace the rear crankshaft oil seal.

Then when all this work is done i can finally forget the nightmare of that bodyshop ruining my supra botching the bodywork burning out my clutch and ruining my doorcards it still brings a tear to my eyes thinking about it..

the car also needs a bloody good service and replace all the fluids.

id love to put a twin turbo engine in my car as the N/A engine is just not enough for me anymore.

18" OZ Superleggera's, Custom Stainless exhaust system with second decat, Needs more POWER.
Supradude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 01:44 PM   #2
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

Good Luck with your plans!

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 03:45 PM   #3
dunk shaw
Old Timer

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.

Im sure youll get there in the end and good luck with all the work
Old 2nd April 2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Kev.O
Officially NOT in Wales!

UK Spec - Manual

Best of luck with everything
Old 2nd April 2009, 05:48 PM   #5
Mike_Mac

Jap Spec RZ - Auto (TT)

All the best with this and I hope it turns out ok in the end.
Mike_Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 06:36 AM   #6
Barney
MSOC on winner's podium

UK Spec - Auto

Chin up fella, I'm sure you'll get your car sorted, remember the old saying "all good things come to those who wait".

Very best wishes with it, keep us posted.

PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID OF THEIR GOVERNMENTS. GOVERNMENTS SHOULD BE AFRAID OF THEIR PEOPLE
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 03:43 PM   #7
Supradude666
Wants My Car On The Road

Send a message via AIM to Supradude666 Send a message via MSN to Supradude666 Send a message via Yahoo to Supradude666

Had one heck of a week so no progress yet, im hoping to get the brakes off the car this week if possible when i do i will get sum piccies taken showing work being done along the way,..

18" OZ Superleggera's, Custom Stainless exhaust system with second decat, Needs more POWER.
Old 26th April 2009, 03:24 PM   #8
Supradude666
Wants My Car On The Road

Still no progress, got all my tools arranged and ready and all the stuff i need to clean my brakes off, i just need the time, as my little boy has just started nursery school the week just gone i havent had any time to do anything with the car,

the only day i had free was spent at an airfield with my dad and loads of other trackday addicts doing a track day. we thrashed his skyline around for the day wore out his brake discs (AP racing 330MM ones) and ceramic pads, plus absolutly Mullered his ex touring car slick tyres on his trackday wheels, and to add insult to injury at the end of the day we lost oil pressure and knackered the bottom end of the engine.

the cars in waiting to have a bottom end rebuild at the moment..

Old 26th April 2009, 04:30 PM   #9
ward1955
Old Git

Jap Spec SZ - Auto (NA)
Send a message via Skype™ to ward1955

Sounds like an expensive day out,...........
ward1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 05:06 PM   #10
Supradude666
Wants My Car On The Road

yes just a little bit.. well my dad had to go from near oxford to orpington in kent (where the cars being worked on) on the back of an AA lorry then find his own way home he didnt get home (south wales) untill 1:30am. this is dedication for you the bloke who owns/runs the garage Andy his name is cnt remember the name of company tho, got my dad to ring hi when he got near the bloke went back to the workshop to get the car in and sort out whats going on with the car with my dad, while he was waiting found out all the train/bus times for my dad to get home, then took him to the station in orpington but they'd missed the last train so he ran him upto Gatwick to catch the train there..

thats why my dad takes the car there, the work is excellent a+ standard reasonable prices, and that kind of level of customer service.