MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > Technical > Engine Tuning
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Engine Tuning All technical chat regarding the 2JZ

Old 17th December 2004, 11:50 PM   #11
suprachargedtt

Send a message via MSN to suprachargedtt

They said they didnt have time to do it themselves and this guy, Terry, in London is sposed to be the dogs nuts and all he does is rebuild engines, i really cant remember the company name?!?

Im so p****d with this company and ive had all this expence because of them messing the exhuast up, i had a full decat and they didnt restrict it so it blew the turbos. I didnt know at the time, and as i dont know about engines, and wasnt a member of any supra sites, i beleived them when they said the turbos were old and it would have happened with time!

I payed for hybrids brand new hybrids to be fitted ( i now find out i payed nearly twice of what i should have, and they aint new like they said, they are recon hybrids) they supplied the boost controller but it was never fitted just lighted up on dash and showed boost. The hybrids were just bolted on, not setup as i was told (with smaller actuaters for the boost controller to control the boost) then because of the overboost i had 2 pistons go and the bores were badly scored resulting in the engine rebuild. When i said i wasnt happy etc and that it wasnt setup properly all they said was it was due to lack of oil changes? ( i changed it every 3000miles) and i had spark plug breakup on the pistons which caused it and nothin todo with them!

I believed them again and just wanted it sorted at this point so agreed with the engine rebuild. So what started as a simple exhaust upgrade has turnt into a knightmare! and has cost me just over 8k,

james (rant over, i just get so annoyed....)
Phone <span style=\'color:\"Red\"\'>Paul K</span> (Slowdog) <span style=\'color:\"red\"\'>07875084515</span>

suprachargedtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2004, 12:29 AM   #12
chiefgroover

Single Turbo - Manual

May I ask why you would get a rebuild that cost thousands when you can get a new Toyota short motor for ?2K plus fitting? and be sure of the quality of the bottom end?
Old 18th December 2004, 07:58 PM   #13
Cuthbert
Old Timer

UK Spec - Auto

I think you should start thinking about reclaiming some of the money you wasted on these chimps. They obviously don't know their arse from a hole in the ground. Try talking to another garage on their opinion, &amp; also trading standards. As a customer you have a right to a decent service.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2004, 09:54 PM   #14
Darren

Jap Spec RZ-S - Auto

Hope youve got the boost under control now.???
Old 19th December 2004, 10:22 PM   #15
suprachargedtt

Send a message via MSN to suprachargedtt

Darren - Its booked in to get the boost controller fitted elsewhere now but not till after christmas,

Chiefgroover - No one ever said to me bout a short motor? i asked around and every place i spoke to said i needed to get it rebuilt so i just took the advice (as i said i know nothing about engines etc)

Cuthburt - ive spoken to trading standards and they said if i get a report together of dates etc they will lookinto it.
Phone <span style=\'color:\"Red\"\'>Paul K</span> (Slowdog) <span style=\'color:\"red\"\'>07875084515</span>

suprachargedtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2004, 10:10 AM   #16
chiefgroover

Single Turbo - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Chiefgroover - No one ever said to me bout a short motor? i asked around and every place i spoke to said i needed to get it rebuilt so i just took the advice (as i said i know nothing about engines etc)
I have found a &quot;do anything but go near toyota&quot; attitude in the trade. Toyota are always too expensive in their opinions, and quite often i have found that to be untrue.
My rule now is - check Toyota first, then everyone else next. Sorry to hear of your hassle, the enjoyment of owning the car is probably well lost now. Hope you get fully sorted.
Old 21st December 2004, 02:01 AM   #17
Darren

Jap Spec RZ-S - Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (suprachargedtt @ Dec. 19 2004,22:22)]Darren - Its booked in to get the boost controller fitted elsewhere now but not till after christmas,
What boost you running? Do you have a boost gauge? Alot of your problems sound like over boosting problems IMHO!!?? Boost controllers generally boost up not down.
Old 22nd December 2004, 12:28 AM   #18
Cuthbert
Old Timer

UK Spec - Auto

Best piece of advise i can give - do not give up ! Hold your ground &amp; remember you are in the right, they are in the wrong.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote