MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > General Supra Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General Supra Chat All other Supra related chat.

Closed Thread

Old 24th August 2004, 03:40 PM   #21
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (BreedSpeed @ Aug. 24 2004,16:19)]Well thanks to Gav I managed to find the guy. Terry Saunders. Just spent 45 mins on the phone to him, what a bloody nice bloke.
I have no doubt that Terry knows his stuff and he may well seem like a nice bloke on the face of it, but to those of us who have been in the Supra scene for a while we also know how two faced he is.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Old 24th August 2004, 04:30 PM   #22
EmmaG
Old Timer

UK Spec - Manual

Yeah he told plenty of lies about me as well
Old 24th August 2004, 07:51 PM   #23

I will speak as I find if that's OK guys, didn't mean to start anything. I am meeting him Saturday, so will make my own judgement.

Old 26th August 2004, 06:59 PM   #24
CeeJay
Banned

No wonder you got whipped if it was Terry Saunder's car - it was one of the most powerful Supes in the country!

Like you, I can only speak as I find and have just had a lot of dealings with him as I bought my single turbo conversion off him. He was a great help to me - very knowledgeable and very very helpful.
Old 27th August 2004, 07:48 AM   #25

Thanks CeeJay, I have also had quite few very positive mails as well. I'll find out tomorrow and let you know my opinion.

Old 27th August 2004, 10:13 AM   #26
Nathan

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.

I'm sure Terry will appear every bit as honest and genuine as you want him to be. I did as well. He and I have have shared many discussions, most of them containing quite delicate matter as well as help and advice (both ways). I had the utmost respect for Terry and trusted him implicitly. As stated, a lot of the information we discussed was for our ears only and I would only do that with someone who I considered to be genuine and who I thought played with a straight bat - in fact, someone who I considered to be quite like myself.

All that changed after Hush Hush was exposed (a 'private' secret forum on .net that was set up for certain individuals) where as far as I am concerned Terry one of 20 or so members) showed his true colours. From that point on I have now also witnessed other behaviour by him that has truly saddened me and reinforces what I saw in HH.

I consider the end of our friendship to be a shame- I felt we had a lot to offer each other and we both know a lot about the market, whats out there, whos doing what, who the conmen are and also who to trust. However, airing your negative feelings when you think you can't be overheard was a mistake he made and one which I find very hard to excuse. Being two-faced behind closed doors whilst maintaining a cloak of trust on the surface is low. He is smart enough to know that as well as I do and I'm sure he will understand why I feel the way I do.

I have never aired my feelings about the situation until now and TBH it's not something I have dwelled on. Neither of us has spoken since HH and I found it surprising that he wasn't even able to offer an apology when he knew that I had seen the screenshots. I can only assume that he never really was that bothered about our friendship and simply used a veil of 'trust' to find out as much as he could about the industry, who was working in it and where it might be going.

I spent a long time thinking about whether I should reply to this thread, but eventually I thought it might be beneficial to air an opinion from someone who trusted him and who has spent quite a while in discussion with him.

I don't doubt that Terry has many friends who will happily state what a decent person he is and that he has never given them any indication of otherwise. I fully accept that his 'friendship' with myself was probably superficial and was there for no other reason than to gain information about various matters. It doesn't make it any nicer to know you've been played though and 'straight bat' doesn't really spring to mind now.

I also have no doubt that Terry will get to hear of this post at some point and he can rest assured that our discussions will remain confidential as I am true to my word. I do not have any anger towards him, just sadness about the way it panned out, and the way in which I found out.

I'm not going to make any further comment, it's a chapter that is now closed.

We like VVT-i's, especially ECU solutions :-)
Old 27th August 2004, 03:45 PM   #27

I have been asked to put this up:

Colin can you post this on the .co.uk site please:

Martin, you are still being incredibly childish. The people who know the
whole hush hush situation know this, know how selective you were, and have
moved on. Why don't you. Having said all that, I did and still do find some
of your actions after the event wholly disturbing.

Emma, I have never met, spoken to or said anything about you. Where your
comments come from are beyond me. I assume it is an attempt to back up
Martin's opinion.

Nathan, firstly you are my only regret from the entire Hush Hush group
issue. I genuine like you and it is a real shame you were only shown certain
conversations, and not those where I stuck up for you. You and I shared may
emails many of which are far more controversial than what was said in the
Hush Hush group. Like you these will remain undisclosed.

Move on guys hey!
Regards
Terry

Old 27th August 2004, 06:38 PM   #28
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual

Colin I don't know who you are but are you really so stupid to let yourself be the conduit for this sort of thing ? People have stated their opinions, just as you have yours, and by acting as Terrys puppet you are only inflaming a situation that has past most of us by.

You'd have to be pretty stupid not to realise there is a fair bit of history here (just read Nathans post) and yet you think its acceptable to post somebody's opinion when they don't have the guts to communicate with people directly. Well that is not acceptable behaviour on this forum so please consider yourself warned.

For Terrys benefit, (as its fairly obvious you have been following this thread) most of us have actually moved on and when asked for our opinion will state it as a matter of fact and leave it there. Can the same be said for you and your cronies ? No it can't, I even find that my name is cropping up in totally non-sensical threads on forums that have nothing to do with any of us.

As for finding my actions distubring, that is the best joke I have heard all day, serious case of pot calling the kettle back I think. Guess it must really have disturbed you guys me setting up a MKIV Supra club that is honest and completely transparent.

As for your comments about never saying anything about Emma you have just proven the case that you are as big a liar as I thought you were.

However what saddens me most is that fact that you have yet again suckered in Colin and seem to be using him as your voice when you are more than capable of making contact with the people mentioned in your post.

As you say move on, if you don't like my opinion of you then tough, I don't like some of the things that people say about me but i sure as hell don't lose any sleep over it.

This thread will now be closed, move on.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

Old 1st September 2004, 01:56 PM   #29
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual

This user has now been deleted as I do not believe them to be a genuine individual.

This has also coincided with a user from the other UK MKIV Supra forum publishing code which was intended to access, and no doubt disrupt the database of this forum.

Luckily for us this attack was described as amateurish by the Ikonboard support staff and did not amount to much. However I do not take these sorts of intended attacks lightly and this morning after speaking with a solicitor they have put me in touch with the National Hi-Tech Crimes unit (http://www.nhtcu.org) to asses the severity of the crime committed and any further action to be taken.

As stated in the terms and conditions ?The forum is provided to encourage a community amongst owners of the MKIV Toyota Supra and to assist with technical issues where possible? and I will defend that objective (and the MKIVSupra.co.uk teams work) to the best of my ability.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

Closed Thread