MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > General Supra Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General Supra Chat All other Supra related chat.

Old 13th July 2004, 09:53 PM   #31
B6AVE

Send a message via MSN to B6AVE

lol oh well. Will let you guys know when i have the money for an exhaust and a boost controller, then i will come for advice etc. What sort of bhp gains can you get from a boost controller and an exhaust then. Cheers guys
toyota supra GZ TARGA TT jap Greddy titanium exhaust, envy decatted, apexi safc 2, TRD fuelcut defender, blitz induction kit, uk spec brakes and wheels, resprayed in cosmos blue, oyster leather retrim, custom ice install, personal plate B6 AVE aka BE AVE
B6AVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2004, 09:09 AM   #32
alex h
Old Timer

Running at 1.15-1.2bar should see 350HP fairly easily. You do not want to run more than that.

Alex H
alex h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2004, 09:11 AM   #33
chiefgroover

Single Turbo - Manual

B6AVE this question could start WW3 here. Many opinions are to be had. What you need to do is tell everyone WHY you need 19" wheels and what it is you hope to achieve by fitting 19's, when asking the question. Do you want out and out cornering grip? off the line traction for 1/4 mile times?, progessive handling that can be explored to the outer limits with ease? Its your call!.
Old 14th July 2004, 09:33 AM   #34
B6AVE

to be honest i want the car to handle very well and look good at the same time. Not really bothererd if 18 or 19. I just said 19 cause thats the size wheel that i got the quote for.
toyota supra GZ TARGA TT jap Greddy titanium exhaust, envy decatted, apexi safc 2, TRD fuelcut defender, blitz induction kit, uk spec brakes and wheels, resprayed in cosmos blue, oyster leather retrim, custom ice install, personal plate B6 AVE aka BE AVE
Old 14th July 2004, 12:13 PM   #35
chiefgroover

Single Turbo - Manual

Each wheel and tyre size/brand had its own characteristics. You could consider 8.5ins x 18 (f) and ®10x18 with 235/40 or 245/40 on the front and 265/35 or 275/35 Bridgestone SO3 on the rear. IMO this gives nice progressive handling, even on wet roads the breakaway is relatively slow giving you time to apply the correct amount of opposite lock. 18" if you pick something with class like a Supra deserves, look super. Some of the best IMO are AZEV, blitz or Antera. Azev are very strong and do most of their wheels to fit Supra's, Blitz are excellent but VERY expensive, and Antera are the lowest cost of the 3 but very well finished and pretty strong too.
Here is a very nice set (dont know who makes them, but they look well) http://lisupras.com/SupraMembers/SeanA/1.jpg
If I was buying again I'd probably go for AZEV. I'd never buy a set that I had not seen a pic of the wheels on a Supra. Too much cost to take chances! :-)
Old 14th July 2004, 06:49 PM   #36
B6AVE

Ive seen some wheels that I like they are on the topgear.co.uk website and they are called AP30 hyper and have a silver and diamond lip on them, check them out and tell me what you think. Im lookin at the 18's size.
Old 14th July 2004, 06:51 PM   #37
B6AVE

Lol how weird is that, I wrote down the name of the alloys that I was looking at before I saw the pic that you wanted me to see and low and behold they are the alloy wheels that I wanna get. How odd is that, mayb I should get a lottery ticket or something. hehe.
Old 14th July 2004, 07:06 PM   #38
Sexy Supra

Send a message via MSN to Sexy Supra

I bought a jap import Supra SZ non turbo 4 months ago. I have no idea what it is fitted with being crap at mechanics, but have been told it has a HKS induction kit and full stainless steel manifold and exhaust system. It has a 4" or 5" tail pipe?? and when it starts up it sounds like a racing car. It came with 18" Momo alloys and steering wheel.

I want to fit a "shark fin" body kit, but people have no idea what that is. I have seen pics in car mags so I assume that is what it is called, or is it known by another name? I know it is not veilside as I don't like them. Perhaps it would be easier if I just took pics of the car and engine then you will know what I mean. Sorry for sounding so dim, but I only know how to drive the thing!!
Sexy Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2004, 07:24 PM   #39
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

Yep get some pics up and we can try and identify some of your bits (ohhhh errrrr).

I thought the Shark Fin body kit was JIC's copy of the Veilside kit, but i guess there could be another one out there called shark fin.

Peeps - I'm going to move this to General Chat as its drifiting away from Engine Tuning.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2004, 09:52 PM   #40
B6AVE

Sadly I think the owner of JIC had a stroke and does not work any more, does anyone know if you can still buy the bodykits that they did at all as they were very good value for money.