Go Back   MSOC Forums > Technical > ICE
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ICE All in-car entertainment issues

Old 16th June 2009, 04:06 AM   #1
Clayton
old but bold

UK Spec - Auto
Default locked radio

after years with the car last week i inadvertantly let the battery run down, i had a funny feeling at the time that this would bring consequences. last night the wife says "you know the radio dont work" i thought straight away its coded, which it is. it is the factory fitted unit with 6 stack cd player, now i have all the paperwork but cant find the code. to make matters worse the wife has pushed that many buttons the thing has gone to help mode and locked. anyone have any ideas before it goes to the main dealer for a wallet massage.
Old 19th June 2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Angry Koala

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.

I've had 2 stereos go into help/locked mode and the remedy was the same for both. Unfortunately it involves leaving the ignition on for approx 40 mins to an hour at which point (as long as nothing is pressed again) the stereo "should" revert to the "enter code" screen.

In terms of the radio code unless there's a four digit number written in pen inside one of the manual covers the only other thing I can suggest would be to pull the unit out and make sure there's no little sticker on it with the code written on. Again on a 2nd hand unit I bought which had been recoded and also on the original unit in my Alfa there was a sticker on the rear of the unit (very security minded I know!).

Otherwise take it into Sextons (ICE and other automotive electronics) on Leckwith Road in Cardiff to get it recoded. I seem to remember them being cheaper than the main dealers but you could always check that by phone beforehand!
Angry Koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 08:21 PM   #3
madwoody

Jap Spec RZ - Auto (TT)
Send a message via MSN to madwoody

what sort is it? toyota one?
madwoody is offline   Reply With Quote