Jap Spec RZ - Auto (TT)

im using this stuff for my build its had rave reviews so worth given it ago

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/seco...on-p-4860.html
supra1lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2007, 04:14 PM   #12
sheffieldsupra

Jap Spec SZ - 5 sp Manual (NA)

will you post your views on the sludge.

I have just bought the dynamat bulk kit that does 36square metres and when you put it down its amazin how little it covers.

I will just have enough for the front footwells and maybe a bit up under the rear seats but thats all.

If the sludge is really good may consider that for the boot as the dynamat is expensive.

Has anyone used both and can give a comparison?
sheffieldsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 12:09 PM   #13
supra_si

Jap Spec GZ - Auto (TT)

try brown bread. i got some off ebay. cheaper than dynamatting and just as good as any sound deadening material
Old 8th April 2008, 11:52 AM   #14
Sharpie

UK Spec - Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheffieldsupra View Post
will you post your views on the sludge.

I have just bought the dynamat bulk kit that does 36square metres and when you put it down its amazin how little it covers.

I will just have enough for the front footwells and maybe a bit up under the rear seats but thats all.

If the sludge is really good may consider that for the boot as the dynamat is expensive.

Has anyone used both and can give a comparison?
You can only cover that much with 36m², that can't be right, can it ?
Sharpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 07:40 AM   #15
chiefgroover

Single Turbo - Manual

2 x 12" in a supra? deffo overkill, and the install with be an awful job.
1x12" (of decent quality) in an opentrunk car like a supra can almost take you head off.
remember there is nothing to stop the sound between the speaker and your head, maybe as well be at your ear.
What are you going to do to the front to keep up?
Old 10th April 2008, 07:41 AM   #16
chiefgroover

Single Turbo - Manual

PS I am going with the NEW JL audio 13 TW5 series which are only 2.5ins deep and easy for install. Only needs 0.8 to 1.0cu/ft (according to your taste) to achieve top class bass.
Old 10th April 2008, 04:11 PM   #17
Kev.O
Officially NOT in Wales!

UK Spec - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefgroover View Post
PS I am going with the NEW JL audio 13 TW5 series which are only 2.5ins deep and easy for install. Only needs 0.8 to 1.0cu/ft (according to your taste) to achieve top class bass.
I've just bought a 10W3V3, but might look at this speaker as it has such a swallow depth. Have you fitted the speaker yet? Can you compare it against any other sub you've had Ernie?
Old 11th April 2008, 12:30 AM   #18
chiefgroover

Single Turbo - Manual

The Sub I should have ealy next week its on order. My plan is to precision cut some wood to make a 1.0cu/ft and 1.2cu/ft oblong test boxes, and then decide which one sounds best in the supra. JL recommend 0.8 but the supra interior tends to lend itself better to a 20 to 30% oversized box IME.
My mate Paul I am buying the sub from says JL rate it bewteen the W3 and W6 series in terms of sound quality. They had a JL demo one evening, I couldnt make it but the Guys who heard the TW5 recokoned it sounded W6 quality all the way.
I had the 10W6v2 great sub but needed a 20% bigger box than JL recommended.
Once I pick a box volume and get it installed I will give a report. MY front end is awesome with NO EQ, and thats a rare thing, just sounded great right out of the box so I am trying to make a sub enclosure that will have a very linear response between 30 and 80hz and hopefully get a superb sound with no EQ this time. I would never have believed it possible in a Supra, but my optimism is growing all the time lol.
Old 13th April 2008, 02:26 AM   #19
skyline matt

Jap Spec SZ - Auto (NA)
Send a message via MSN to skyline matt

ive just bought my supra this week and i noticed it had some double sided tape in the boot on the carpet and it is deffinetly a boot install in there (or there was lol) and i have dynamat in the boot and it deffinetly works well and ive had a lot of show cars with big ice in the boot too

also as said brown bread works well too

either would be good stuff to use and im putting in a boot install soon and i wont use anything else either

im putting in a pioneer touch screen with sat nat n two sets of components made by jl audio with tweeters plus a mono block alpine amp and a ljl audio amp 4 channel with a infinity sub all sorted n sized for the sub already but i might flip it and have it upside down so to speak and utilise my spare wheel well dont know yet hopefully wont have to

all fitted with top quality wiring and this is a must when your fitting an install as it will sound better with top quality wiring and make sure all the connections and wire are all the same size from each component as it will run quicker to one than the other so sounding might be slightly different and quality is always better than volume

this wasnt cheap to buy but its worth it if you want quality

matt

Last edited by skyline matt; 13th April 2008 at 02:35 AM.
skyline matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 06:25 PM   #20
supra_si

Jap Spec GZ - Auto (TT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline matt View Post
also as said brown bread works well too

either would be good stuff to use and im putting in a boot install soon and i wont use anything else either

matt
just to add that brown bread does not equal hovis's fine wholemeal

i got my brown bread off ebay fairly cheaply