MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > Technical > ICE
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ICE All in-car entertainment issues

Old 24th December 2004, 10:34 AM   #11
The Hornet

Send a message via MSN to The Hornet

Mine will also connect to my LAN at home when parked up.

You gotta keep in mind that you have to have access to a LAN so you can't just connect to anyones

"SPYDA" where you get the little box of tricks for your power supply protection against cranking etc, the one I've got cost a fiver and just protects against surges

Cheers,

Grant
* Blitz NUR SPEC R - 3\" full de-cat ?* Blitz SBC-ID VIII EBC ?* Blitz Power-iD & xtra harness ?* HKS SSQV BOV ?* Apexi Power intake ?* TRL FCD ?* Denso IK24's ?* TRD Strut brace ?* Blitz LM FMIC ?* 3G discs, Endless Pads
*** Pics: www.netpostbag.com/~hornet/supra ***
The Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2004, 10:58 AM   #12
Spyda

Send a message via MSN to Spyda

There are a couple of options for the PSU, what sort of case are you running in your car at the moment? And how is it powered?
Do you have a startup/shutdown controller on it, or do you have to press the button?

Adam
Old 24th December 2004, 11:55 AM   #13
The Hornet

Running mini PC unit which is head unit sized just longer by 3-4". It runs of a 12v PSU and Yeah I have to push the button. It's all sat on the worktop in my office at the moment, is up and running but not installing until the new year. I could bypass the PSU it's using and use an external one no problem if thats what yours is?

Just thought the PSU device you got sounds much better
* Blitz NUR SPEC R - 3\" full de-cat ?* Blitz SBC-ID VIII EBC ?* Blitz Power-iD & xtra harness ?* HKS SSQV BOV ?* Apexi Power intake ?* TRL FCD ?* Denso IK24's ?* TRD Strut brace ?* Blitz LM FMIC ?* 3G discs, Endless Pads
Old 24th December 2004, 03:44 PM   #14
Spyda

Ok, seeing as you've already got a 12v PSU in your case. you'll be best to get a "carnetix" unit to power it.

Carnetix Supplier

The first two items are a must, you might want the 3rd one too.
That'll provide you with a regulated 12v DC for the PC, it can also power a 7" monitor, and will do the start up and shutdown stuff too. This is what I'm goin gto get when I mount my DIN sized case into my upper glove box.

Hope that helps.

Adam.
Old 24th December 2004, 04:14 PM   #15
The Hornet

Cheers Spyda, will order all 3 in new year

Grant
Old 26th December 2004, 10:55 PM   #16
mothy

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

This all sounds the muts nuts, can you guys point me in the general direction to go get one of these things, santas been Kind to me!!
Old 27th December 2004, 10:28 PM   #17
Spyda

I'm going to start selling pre built units that can go into your car with just the connection of a few wires etc, in the New Year.
PM me for some details.

It will include full CD,mp3,divx,DVD, Sat NAV, features, plus anything else you can do on a PC, like copying your mp3s from your desktop machine when you park on your drive

Adam.
Old 29th December 2004, 04:14 PM   #18
The Hornet

I'm not intending to sell such packages, only interested in having a damn nice system with all the bells

Look's like Adam will be able to help you out soon, so I won't point fingers to where to go. Plus I found you have to go to a few different places to get all the bits and bob's at the right price, then have the tech knowledge of putting it together etc, so if someone like Adam is gonna put a package together, that'll be a good option!

Grant
Old 30th December 2004, 12:14 AM   #19
mothy

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

Hi Adam

That sounds a really good idea, it would be a bit silly possibly foolish to endever on building such a system my self as i have very limited knowledge at the best of times . It would be more advantageous to have a system package from a person who knows what they are doing and its compatability!

I did do a little hunting about on the net for the p.c systems and like Grant says you need to go to different places to get what you want at a good price.

Keep me informed and when you have your system up and running let me know and send some piccies if possible as I would be very interested to have a ganders!!

Thanks Tim
Old 12th January 2005, 01:35 PM   #20
vtivti

Great thread guys, I am in the middel of my project too, let me show you mine and hopefully you can trade an idea with me or two:

Laptop in the boot

----- Devices in the laptop
Creative MP3+ USB Unit for better quality output
Margi DVD PCMCIA CArd
USB DVDROM mounted in the Glov for easy access
Lilliput 8" Touch Screen
Remote on / off switch mounted on dash

Software im trialing is MIcrosoft media centre 2005 and Iriver media centre 11.

What software was that screenshot from? it looks well nice. the trouble im having is that the main controlas are too small when playing, any help here?

REgards all

MJ
vtivti is offline   Reply With Quote