MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > General Supra Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General Supra Chat All other Supra related chat.

Old 22nd July 2004, 02:49 PM   #21
EmmaG
Old Timer

UK Spec - Manual

Hi Tom,

Glad to see Livingstones giving you a good quote, now just tell everybody you know about it!!! lol

Did that include an agreed value?

EmmaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 02:54 PM   #22
outatime

Yeah, it does include an agreed value. I have to send in some photos,i'm going to give them a call tomorrow to sort it all out.

Thanks again.
Old 22nd July 2004, 02:57 PM   #23
EmmaG
Old Timer

UK Spec - Manual

Well that is an excellent quote then!

If you do have any problems just send me a PM as I know that Jason at Livingstones was very keen to get any feedback (good or bad)

It is nice to have an insurance brokers on our side for once!
Old 22nd July 2004, 05:17 PM   #24
slick
Senile Member

UK Spec - Auto

Can't understand how much some of you are paying! I must have the deal of the century or something....

We're with Diamond (wifes policy, although there was less than 100 in it to have it in my name).
We're both 23 and this is a fresh policy so 0 no claims with 1 claim on from a hit and run joyrider accident writing off 1 of our cars 2 years ago.
We're paying ?690 for a 10 month No Claims bonus accelerator policy, it was around the ?800 mark for the year.
Thats for a UK TT Was we happy? Yes we was! lol

It was gona be about ?1400 for the 10 month policy and ?1650 ish for the year on a Import Supra TT, so quite a difference there. Less power yet double the insurance, had to think that one through for about 2mins
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 05:21 PM   #25
slick
Senile Member

UK Spec - Auto

On the other hand my modified V6 vectra sets us back about ?1400 a year with Adrian Flux with all mods declared, bugger Wish I'd just got the supra last year and kept that as a standard 4 seater run around, aaaah well Live and learn!
Old 22nd July 2004, 05:26 PM   #26
EmmaG
Old Timer

UK Spec - Manual

I know Martin wasn't paying a lot for the Insurance on the UK Supra last year (including mods), and I now wished we had an agreed value policy as we wasted 6 months arguing with the insurance company over the claim on the car. We would be driving the car this Summer if it wasn't for Admiral.

You never know how good your insurance is until you have to make a claim. We will go with an agreed value this time though.
Old 22nd July 2004, 07:08 PM   #27
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

Yep and Diamond are another of Admirals companies.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 11:27 PM   #28
chiefgroover

Single Turbo - Manual

Sinbad, Quinns direct in Cavan (yeah the do N.I. too) ?1050 fully comp, no mileage restriction.
Old 23rd July 2004, 09:05 AM   #29
slick
Senile Member

UK Spec - Auto

One bad experiance shouldn't write off an entire group of companies surely, maybe the direct company themselves but the whole group esp as everyone owns everyone these days .
Insurance companies never wana pay out if they can help it, and when they have to in the end they try and pay out as little as possible. Thats just a fact of life They can all give the verbal sweet talk till it comes to the crunch.

Why did you need an agreed valuation in your case martin, was the car actually written off then and you bought it back?

I would try the company you have the deal with, but I recall seeing on there site that you need to be 25 to go with them But then again I'm happy with ?690
Old 23rd July 2004, 09:25 AM   #30
chiefgroover

Single Turbo - Manual

"Why did you need an agreed valuation in your case martin?"

Insurance companys offer Glasses Guide Bottom book for all cars. Have you seen many nice UK TT's sold for that sort of money? Thought not. Insurance compnay MUST make you 3 offers by law if you push them, I have seen prices moved up 20% buy customer refusal of the first two. Even so it still wont pay for a mint UK Supra, which if mileage is lowish would take ?12K to ?15K to replace. Glasses guide would be somewhere in the ?7K reigon.