MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > General Supra Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General Supra Chat All other Supra related chat.

Old 17th February 2006, 01:22 PM   #1
Chris Rocks
Almost Banned!

Single Turbo - Manual

MKIV T-61 *FOR SALE*
click link for details

Chris Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 01:22 PM   #2
Chris Rocks
Almost Banned!

Single Turbo - Manual

-c-

MKIV T-61 *FOR SALE*
click link for details

Old 17th February 2006, 02:21 PM   #3
baz
stella monster

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.
Send a message via MSN to baz

dont like the front grill at all, needs a fin on the back.

nice find tho chris.

baz
Old 17th February 2006, 03:05 PM   #4
dunk shaw
Old Timer

Yep im liking it and think it gets away with no rear wing, and with a V8 with up to 450 from stock sounds like a tuners dream, how long before a supercharger or twin turbo set up is available i wonder.
Is that the max weight as well i see in one of the picks 1400 kgs now thats more like it about 300 less than the mkiv so that will really make a differance

Think that will be one quick car and guess i better get saving anyone read Japanese

dunk
Old 17th February 2006, 07:26 PM   #5
Cuthbert
Old Timer

UK Spec - Auto

Agree with Baz, that grill looks like a silly little peugot. However the rest of it is very nice though, very much an evolution of the MKIV design.
I thought initial reports said it would a V10?
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2006, 08:21 PM   #6
Chris Rocks
Almost Banned!

Single Turbo - Manual

you`re thinking of the Lexus dan..

The Lexus LF-A concept car has just made another public appearance, at the Tokyo Motor Show. However, while the shiny display model was on the Lexus stand, a black-clad prototype was busy at Germany's Nurburgring circuit. Toyota officials let slip in Tokyo that the LF-A is going to have a V10 engine, developed from the engines in Toyota's F1 cars, which is thought to develop over 500bhp and give 200mph-plus capability. Although the engine is front- rather than mid-mounted.

MKIV T-61 *FOR SALE*
click link for details

Old 18th February 2006, 08:04 AM   #7
Suprash
Sex, drugs and Hardhouse

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

As for the new Supra, I like it, shame its not as adventurous with the styling as they were with the MKIV ie, big wing, think they have opted for the safer design. ?I like the back end and the front end is ok, I reckon it looks a cross between a Porsche and a Peugot.

Biggest shame was dropping the tubbies, we love our tubbies ?

Apart from that it would be strange seeing a newer version of our car out on the road. So my question is, should we feel inferior because we would now be the older model, or do we look at it as a newer car thats not quite as hard core as the older one and meant to appeal to the wider population.

How do we think the MKIV and MKV would compare against each other in a race out on the road, standard, BPU ??

I know I would still feel good seeing him in our rear view mirror, but Im not sure that would be possible would it? Aint it around the 400/450bhp mark, 300kg lighter, NA so good response, but Im hoping our usual top end both tubbies all singing and all dancing could pull in the defisit (sp?) a bit ?
Hybrid turbos,full de-cat,HKS Hyper,Blitz Induction kit,Apexi Boost & EGT gauge,Southbend clutch,Lightened flywheel,Goodridge steel brake lines,Walbro pump/FSE & AFR,Racing hart wheels,Blitz skirts and a Bomex front.
Suprash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2006, 09:39 AM   #8
dunk shaw
Old Timer

Well if you compare to a stock out the box mkiv then i think the mkv if this is the mkv would kick the mkiv's ass big time even with a mkiv at 450 hp the weight differance will be enough on its own.
300 kgs lighter and with 450 hp, no contest imo.

dunk
Old 18th February 2006, 10:51 AM   #9
ICEMAN

Nice and im the one whos bound to agree with Dunk V8,V8, V8 its a dream come true Toyotas engineering and ?450+BHPV8 engine and an n/a NO LAG JUST drag!
ITwould defo kick ass less wight and the Torque figures will be far better giving low end and mid range grunt, no sustitute for CUBIC INCHS!

Agree styling isnt as agresive as the mkiv, but hey wont the mkiv finally get the Desirable, classic sports icon regignition we can all already see ?
May well help with the prices too!
Looking at it on both sides mkv is progression engineering is pushed further and it will have an awfull lot to live up to!

Later ICEMAN!
Old 18th February 2006, 11:45 AM   #10
Suprash
Sex, drugs and Hardhouse

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

Im not sayin that a stock or even a BPU MKIV would keep up with a MKV, but I know the MKIV pull at 80-120mph is supposedly phenomanal (sp?) even when compared to other cars. I remember the McClaren test driver saying on .net once cause he had a MKIV and he said it pulls quicker 80-120 then a formular 3000 car, but then again thinking back on it I cant remember if he had played around with his MKIV, probably had I doubt the standard 320hp would have been enough for him.......

My point was that of course the MKV will be out in front, but wouldnt our steam train like pulling above a ton pull that distance back a little, I have never driven a big powered NA car so dont know if the pull wears off towards the top end, but certainlly doesnt feel like it with the MKIV.

How much is the MKV going to retail at ?
Hybrid turbos,full de-cat,HKS Hyper,Blitz Induction kit,Apexi Boost & EGT gauge,Southbend clutch,Lightened flywheel,Goodridge steel brake lines,Walbro pump/FSE & AFR,Racing hart wheels,Blitz skirts and a Bomex front.
Suprash is offline   Reply With Quote