MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > Technical > Engine Tuning
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Engine Tuning All technical chat regarding the 2JZ

Old 8th March 2009, 02:43 PM   #81
redhot2jz

UK Spec - Auto

Iam not aware of any garages here that does tune mkiv. Hence the question. I had hoped to go single with the minimum of fuss! I had read reviews of the MAP ECU and am quite keen on it. Finding suitable tuners would obviously be my next problem.

Funny how the traders ive talked with said that the kit would bolt on without any other necessary mods though (ECU and fuel system). Thanks for the clear up Martin. BTW nice work on your car KEV!
redhot2jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2009, 02:57 PM   #82
Kev.O
Officially NOT in Wales!

UK Spec - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot2jz View Post
Iam not aware of any garages here that does tune mkiv. Hence the question. I had hoped to go single with the minimum of fuss! I had read reviews of the MAP ECU and am quite keen on it. Finding suitable tuners would obviously be my next problem.

Funny how the traders ive talked with said that the kit would bolt on without any other necessary mods though (ECU and fuel system). Thanks for the clear up Martin. BTW nice work on your car KEV!
Thanks for the kind words. One of the things I would suggest is speaking to the guy who done my mapping, see what he recommends and fly him out to you. I know this might sound a little extreme, but the car will only ever be as good as the mapper. That's one of the first things people need to consider when going single IMO.
Old 9th March 2009, 02:07 AM   #83
redhot2jz

UK Spec - Auto

this is what the store said with regards to the PHR steet kit:

This is our entry-level single turbo system offered to those customers wanting to upgrade on a budget or simply replace failed factory twin turbos with something vastly simpler and far more reliable. The PHR Street Turbo System is designed to be very versatile, and when used with the factory MAF sensor and fuel system can yield up to 510 RWHP. However, for the best and safest results PHR recommends upgrading the electronics using our MAP ECU for proper fueling, and upgrading the fuel system with a PHR fuel pulsation dampener bypass. The GT60 series turbocharger used in the Street Turbo System can make between 13 and 31 psi of boost pressure efficiently and if desired, can be coupled with a fuel system upgrade to provide over 600 RWHP. Unlike other systems which utilize the restrictive factory Toyota cast exhaust manifold, this highly reliable turbo system includes a one-piece cast steel exhaust manifold for increased exhaust flow, PHR GT60 series turbocharger with polished PHR compressor housing, ITS ProGate external wastegate, 45mm stainless steel wastegate dump tube, 3" mandrel bent downpipe, 2.5” mandrel bent aluminum intercooler plumbing, high gloss 3-ply silicone connectors in red, blue, or black, 3” air intake pipe, 3” K&N high flow air filter, 10AN stainless steel braided oil drain line, 4AN Teflon stainless steel oil feed line, and all hardware for a worry-free install. The cast steel exhaust manifold and all exhaust components are fully Extreme 2000 black heat coated for durability and heat reduction, and all intercooler piping is ceramic coated to reduce thermal conductivity. The Street Turbo System 3” downpipe can connect directly to the factory catalytic converters, or to any aftermarket downpipe, making this the perfect emissions-legal single turbo conversion for the Supra TT. Our famous “drop down” design intercooler piping takes a direct route to the front mount intercooler to reduce turbo lag, therefore, our intercooler piping is specific to each brand. Please specify your brand/model of front mounted intercooler and color of silicone connectors when ordering. This turbo system is available for shipment anywhere in the world.

Thanks for the offer KEV, and yes it does sound a bit extreme I have managed to find a garage over here that does ECU tek reflash, Unichip and the more costly HKS Fcon. Have seen these advertised (ECU tek and Unichip) in some prominent Mags from the UK but have never heard these being used in Sups before. My other option, would obviosuly to upgrade the Fuel system altogether and upgrade to something more expensive like the HKS Fcon is or Vpro for which they have an authorised dealer over here. Ovbiously the Missus would not like that very much with a new house and baby on the way
redhot2jz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2009, 06:20 PM   #84
dunk shaw
Old Timer

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.

Far more reliable than stock turbos ?