MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > General Supra Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General Supra Chat All other Supra related chat.

Old 18th June 2008, 02:58 PM   #11
Angry Koala

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.

Flynn, I thought that would be the case but don't know him as well as you guys and didn't want to just go ahead and say he'd definitely do it.

Jason - As far as I know in terms of bodywork and extremities the following applies to standard cars without any sort of bodykit (ie no skirts/spats/aftermarket lip).

Guys - Please just correct this list rather than giving me a shoeing if you know that I am wrong about anything!!

Panels:

Front Bumper - identical except for facelift J Spec 1997 - 2002 which have additional holes in the sides for side/corner reflectors.

Front lip/spoiler - all 3 have black rubber lip as standard. UK spec and GZ J Spec have active front spoiler which drops down at approx 56mph and retracts when speed falls back below approx 49mph.

Rear Bumper - identical except for facelift J Spec 1997 - 2002 which have additional holes in the sides for side/corner reflectors. Some J spec cars have had holes cut for fog lights or have an additional number plate surround but this is not necessary and is not part of the bumper.

Front wings - identical. Side repeaters are available in both orange and clear for both spec cars. Inner wing liners differ only from na to turbo as na is single piece, tt has a vent to allow better airflow through the SMIC.

Doors - identical.

Main shell (a pillar/roof/c pillar/rear wings) - identical.

Headlights - UK Spec glass. J Spec plastic (cheaper). Facelift black interior rather than silver with no sidelight as these were incorporated in facelift clear indicators.

Front indicators - identical identical except for facelift J Spec 1997 - 2002 which are clear and incorporate the sidelights.

Rear light clusters - UK Spec different to J Spec as incorporate a high-intensity rear fog light. Many J Specs (if the importer was a good one) have had their fogs wired into the light clusters rather than having to add a lamp into the rear bumper or hanging off the bottom of it. Same size etc though so UK Spec can be retro fitted to J Spec cars with a foglight switch.

Standard rear spoiler - identical.

Wheels - (usually the first modification) but as standard: UK spec 17" staggered front to back (also an option on J Spec twin turbos). J Spec n/a 16" non staggered, TT 16" staggered front to back. Hubs on all three cars are 5 x 114.3 fitment so wheels are interchangeable.

Brakes - UK Spec front 4 pot calipers/rear 2 pot - vented discs (also option on J Spec cars). J Spec front 2 pot calipers/rear single pot - smaller disc diameters front and rear. All have drum-type cable operated handbrake.

Just been given a b******ing for doing this as apparently work pc's are for work use so please feel free to take over guys.....
Angry Koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 09:20 AM   #12
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Koala View Post
Panels:

Front Bumper - Different. UK spec has holes for headlight washers, J-Spec doesn't. However I believe pricing difference will be little and possibly in favour of J-Spec part. Facelift J-Spec cars (1997 onwards) has additional holes for side indicators and also a splitter in the front opening. Pricing needs to be confirmed.

Front lip/spoiler - all 3 have black rubber lip as standard. UK spec and some GZ J Spec have active front spoiler which drops down at approx 56mph and retracts when speed falls back below approx 49mph.

Rear Bumper - Different. J-Spec has a hole behind number plate and UK spec doesn't. UK spec can be used instead of J-Spec item, and may be more desireable for those with UK size number plates. Facelift rear bumpers are different again as they have indicators on the side. Some J spec cars have had holes cut for fog lights or have an additional number plate surround but this is not necessary and is not part of the bumper.

Front wings - identical. Side repeaters are available in both orange and clear for both spec cars. Inner wing liners differ only from na to turbo as na is single piece, tt has a vent to allow better airflow through the SMIC. Apart from Facelift cars, as they have no indicator on the wing (moved to front bumper)

Doors - identical.

Main shell (a pillar/roof/c pillar/rear wings) - identical.

Headlights - UK Spec glass. J Spec plastic (cheaper). Facelift black interior rather than silver with no sidelight as these were incorporated in facelift clear indicators.

Front indicators - identical identical except for facelift J Spec 1997 - 2002 which are clear and incorporate the sidelights.

Rear light clusters - UK Spec different to J Spec as incorporate a high-intensity rear fog light. Many J Specs (if the importer was a good one) have had their fogs wired into the light clusters rather than having to add a lamp into the rear bumper or hanging off the bottom of it. Same size etc though so UK Spec can be retro fitted to J Spec cars with a foglight switch.

Standard rear spoiler - identical.

Wheels - (usually the first modification) but as standard: UK spec 17" staggered front to back (also an option on J Spec twin turbos). J Spec n/a 16" non staggered, TT 16" staggered front to back. Hubs on all three cars are 5 x 114.3 fitment so wheels are interchangeable.

Brakes - UK Spec front 4 pot calipers/rear 2 pot - vented discs (also option on J Spec cars). J Spec front 2 pot calipers/rear single pot - smaller disc diameters front and rear. All have drum-type cable operated handbrake.

Matt - Have made a few corrections above. Will also try to add some more later on.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 12:47 PM   #13
V
Club Administrator

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Koala View Post
First up I have to say I'm a little disappointed that only Martin and myself have added to the thread for you Jason.
Just a quickie:
I'll be reading the thread and see if theres anything i can add (prob not ), but very worth while. A bit tied up this week, so just a flying visit for now.
Old 19th June 2008, 02:15 PM   #14
Barney
MSOC on winner's podium

UK Spec - Auto

I have to apologise for not giving this thread, and indeed others, the attention it/they deserve, my time at present is taken up with a complicated and very stressful potential house move along with other personal issues, sadly this happens to all of us from time to time and as such I simply cannot contribute as much time as I would like to afford the club at present.

All members input is very much welcomed and valued, frustratingly there are times that admin staff and/or moderators are not always able to contribute as much as they would wish to..........this is one such time believe me.

Pleased rest assured that we try our utmost and should we fall short of expectations it's not through a lack of interest or trying.

Jason has very kindly given much of his time over to this subject and the wider possibilities of our club insurance scheme with Livingstones and we will do our utmost to accomodate, help and assist him. But all member imput is vital and we would encourage everyone to contribute.

PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID OF THEIR GOVERNMENTS. GOVERNMENTS SHOULD BE AFRAID OF THEIR PEOPLE

Last edited by Barney; 19th June 2008 at 02:17 PM.
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2008, 09:26 PM   #15
Mustdriveslower

You guys got any further on producing the lists as above posts?

All I need is some logical facts set out to prove our case and I can give AV on selected imports especially with Club support.

Over to you,

Jason

Higos Insurance Services
01935 706258

http://www.higos.com/schemes/supra/

http://www.youtube.com/user/mustdriv.../4/FGHUSmPxd_w
Mustdriveslower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 08:04 PM   #16
UltraFlynn
[52.4 Miles] 50 MC 8:41

I'm aware that I havn't followed this up recently. Tomorrow I shall start collating the information for Jason.
UltraFlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 08:40 AM   #17
Mustdriveslower

Thanks Flynn
I have the green light from underwriters all I need to do is have paperwork to prove my (our) views. Hopefullythis will be of use and interest to members. I will report back once it is live and launched, which will be as soon as I have the CYA as above!
Thanks for your help and hard work.
Jason

Higos Insurance Services
01935 706258

http://www.higos.com/schemes/supra/

http://www.youtube.com/user/mustdriv.../4/FGHUSmPxd_w
Mustdriveslower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 12:08 PM   #18
V
Club Administrator

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

I have some info although it's probably best i email direct......
If anyone wishes a copy please pm/email.
Old 15th July 2008, 12:12 PM   #19
UltraFlynn
[52.4 Miles] 50 MC 8:41

Forward it on mate. My email details are in my profile. Many thanks.
UltraFlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2008, 12:20 PM   #20
V
Club Administrator

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
Forward it on mate. My email details are in my profile. Many thanks.
done