MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > General Supra Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General Supra Chat All other Supra related chat.

Old 9th May 2006, 10:14 AM   #1
UltraFlynn
[52.4 Miles] 50 MC 8:41

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.
Default Flynn's Car

'94 Toyota Supra GZ TT Auto

Modifications:
HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust, CW SMIC, RLTC (With Terminators settings & controls mounted in centre glove box), Thor VFCC, Thor TSD/DSC, HKS Turbo Timer, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, UK Spec Front Brakes, Goodridge brake lines, Inovit Phantoms 18x8.5 front 18x9.5 rear, Goodyear Eagle F1s, UK front brakes, Veilside skirts/spats, Koni Adjustables, Lowered and uprated springs

Other Stuff:
12V Pump mod, Cat 1 Cobra 7928, Arena Air Horns, Radiator hard pipe, UK Spec standard stereo, Blue Carpet Mats, Blue Lighting Kit

Goal

Under the bonnet I want things looking totally standard with all new rubber pipework, when the j-spec turbos give up then I want hybrids. Outside and in I want the car looking the best it can, I want people to have to look hard for issues. I want the car to handle and stop well. All modifications will have these thoughts in mind. In summary, a no bling, no single turbo aspirations, well-sorted car.

To Do

Engine & Maintenance
  • Idle Rattle - I've got a very very very very annoying rattle on idle and sometime's going round tight corners.
  • Full Decat and Restrictor Ring - I still have the front cat fitted. I want a full decat and a 1.1bar restrictor ring put in. I now have an Envy 1st decat, just need to get bolts and gaskets.
  • Inspect Crankcase Breather System - Need to make sure this is working ok
  • Renew radiator hose - I have an aftermarket item at the moment, I'd like this put back to standard.
  • Renew Vac Hoses - I'd like to replace all the rubber pipework on the car.

Electrical
  • Check 12v Fuel Pump Mod - Needs re-doing as it's permanently on.
  • Speakers - They don't really work. The whole installation needs looking at and any dodgy wiring re-done.
  • Misc. Wiring - There's quite a bit of wiring under the bonnet which can be removed because it's either not used or massively too long.
  • Airbag Light - Mine has been removed (probably because someone couldn't figure out how to get it to go off). I need a replacement.
  • N e o n s - Don't laugh too much. I don't want one's under the car. I'd already got some inside and I'd like them to work again.

Exterior & Engine Bay
  • Front Indicators - Bye bye little orange blobs. Hello clear ones.
  • Rust - Drivers-side wheel arch is getting rusty where the bodykit is blended into the body. There's also a little rust bubbling up round the windscreen.
  • Paintwork - My car has had a re-spray but around the doors and windows that paint is coming off. It looks ok at a distance but up close not so good. There also a few other places on the car where the paintwork needs attending to.
  • Dents - There are two small dents which need to be PDR'ed out.
  • Radiator Painting - The front of the radiator needs painting black. Simple job really.
  • Active Spoiler - I should be getting one soon. Will need fixings.
  • Front Lip Painting - I'd like the front lip painted silver to match the car. If the active spoiler is fitted then I'd like that painted silver too.
  • Wiper Blades - Are at the end of their life.
  • Number Plates - Would also like a private plate.
  • Passenger Door Mounting - My passenger door is a little bit droopy and needs hanging slightly higher.
  • Boot Rubbers - Squeak, squeak, squeak. Need replacing.

Interior
  • A-Pillar Mounting - Need a 2 guage a-pillar mounting in which to put a boost guage + one other
  • Boost Gauge - I have the worlds largest and badly placed boost gauge. It needs ripping out and one mounted on the a-pillar.
  • Glovebox - My centre one is broken. The lid is fine but I need a replacement for the glovebox. Unfortunately this is part of the big plastic central bit so the whole lot will need replacing. (Pretty sure the part number for this is 58911-14121-C0)
  • Plastics - It's a 12 year old car and the interior plastics have taken some damage over the year. Bits that are broken need replacing. This includes the dash panels which have some marks on them.
  • Handbrake and Gearknob - Both are looking their age. Need to sort out replacement items.
  • Rear Bumper - Need to fit a missing plastic retainer.
  • Jack & Tools - I still havn't got myself a standard jack. MartinF kindly supplied me with a spare wheel (which has already been used). I wouldn't mind getting hold of the standard tools as well just to make it look nice.
  • Boot Cover - Mines missing and I'd like one.
  • Passenger Seat Refurb - The back of my passenger seat is covered by what looks like paint and I need to find a way of safely removing it.
  • New Carpet Mats - My blue one's look tired and need replacing.

Nice To Have
  • Electronic Boost Controller - Regardless of atmospherics I want to be able to dial in a boost level.
  • Re-Gas Aircon
  • Replace Radiator Cap - It's getting old
  • Battery Terminals - Mine are pretty knackered and need replacing.
  • Dials - My speedo reads all the way up to 300 mph which is a little silly. I'd quite like to get the Thor Dials fitted but before ordering I'd need to check what needs to be done to convert properly.
  • Horn Driver Mounting - My aftermarket horns have a large driver unit and that's not fitted very well. This needs to be mounted solidly. Darryl has very kindly offered to make up a bracket for me. I just need to make up a cardboard template and get that too him.
  • Undertray - I don't have one. I'd also need all the fasteners.
  • Bonnet Sound Proofing - It's hanging off a bit and is rather discoloured. Both need sorting.
  • Clean Aircon Cooler & Other Bits - When you look through the front of the car it just looks untidy. Things need cleaning and polishing.
  • Refurb Hubs & Calipers - Both the hubs and calipers need some work to make them look nice. The new alloys hide more of the hubs but still they need doing.
  • Stereo Mounting - I'm missing a few of the screws which hold the stereo in. (p/n: 4x 90153-50012, 4x 90159-50238)
  • Wheel Arch Liner - I'm missing some plastic retainers on the front drivers side.
  • Doors Screw Covers - I'm missing some screw covers from several of the screws in my doors.
  • Carpet Cleaning - I'd love to remove the whole interior carpet and thoroughly clean it.

Current Hit List
  • Sort out suspension (if possible)
  • Diagnose vac pipe issue
  • Change the oil in March
  • Re hang passenger door
  • Source clear repeaters and indicators
  • Order parts from Toyota (4 stereo screws, odometer cover, windscreen washers, rear washer for Landcruiser)

More Photos

Last edited by UltraFlynn; 25th April 2007 at 07:46 AM.
UltraFlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2006, 07:19 PM   #2
Carlsupratoy
Optimist

Jap Spec SZ - 5 sp Manual (NA)
Smile

Thats a lot of work!

Good luck.
Old 9th May 2006, 09:02 PM   #3
STEVESUP

Jap Spec RZ - Manual (TT)

Thats a lot of writing, change the oil its a must
Old 9th May 2006, 09:39 PM   #4
Carlsupratoy
Optimist

Interior carpet removal;

Dont do it - I did it on an old Rover 200 years ago, and steam cleaned it cos it was filthy and smelly. Of course it shrunk and I never got it back in properly.
Old 10th May 2006, 07:16 AM   #5
UltraFlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsupratoy
Interior carpet removal;

Dont do it - I did it on an old Rover 200 years ago, and steam cleaned it cos it was filthy and smelly. Of course it shrunk and I never got it back in properly.
I wouldn't steam clean it. I'd soak using a decent carpet shampoo and then use a pressure washer.

Old 10th May 2006, 09:28 AM   #6
darryl
Chief

With regards to the horn sounding cow like... I had the same but found the box of electronics driving it all which had a toggle switch which when in one position sounded like a cow farting running away, and in the other pos sounded 'normal'. Have you seen such a switch? I also removed one of the two horns to quiet it all down.
Old 10th May 2006, 09:57 AM   #7
UltraFlynn

I havn't looked that closely. I'll take a look. Maybe it has some way of changing it's operation.

Need to think about a mounted plate for it as well. Does anyone here have access to the right tools to fabricate a mounting bracket for me?

Old 10th May 2006, 10:37 AM   #8
darryl
Chief

I have access to a lazer profiler if that helps. Can cut anyting from 2mm plate upwards. Just let me know dimensions. Perhaps send a drawing.
Old 10th May 2006, 10:44 AM   #9
UltraFlynn

That would be great mate. Thanks.

What material would it be made out of? I'm guessing aluminium...

I would make up a cardboard template which I would then send to you. If that's ok?

Old 10th May 2006, 10:58 AM   #10
darryl
Chief

Either ally or BMS (bright mild steel) Send it on over, I'll pm my address. How far are you from aldershot or southampton?