Register FAQ Community Calendar

Private All For Sale & Wanted ads placed by private individuals

Old 30th May 2006, 03:22 PM   #11
Suprash
Sex, drugs and Hardhouse

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whifbitz
Just done a deal with a Jap supplier, I can now sell these for ?750 + VAT plus a pressure sensor kit if required. At this sort of price there is no reason to even consider an Emanage. Emanage is a piggy back and will NEVER be as good as a stand alone ECU like the Power FC or AEM. It doesn't offer the same control as a stand alone, big problem using these on the Supra is the std ECU map which has the sequential turbo changeover parameters which are very hard to get spot on when using a single or big twins, it works reasonably well on a stock turbo setup though. It all depends on your budget and car setup I'd say.
Would it not be more advisable then to go for a E-manage (blue for instance) as they seem to be easier to set up, then a power fc as it costs more, its harder to set up, even harder on a single according to you, so why would someone choose a power fc over an E-manage.....
Hybrid turbos,full de-cat,HKS Hyper,Blitz Induction kit,Apexi Boost & EGT gauge,Southbend clutch,Lightened flywheel,Goodridge steel brake lines,Walbro pump/FSE & AFR,Racing hart wheels,Blitz skirts and a Bomex front.
Suprash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2006, 03:38 PM   #12
UltraFlynn
[52.4 Miles] 50 MC 8:41

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.

I thought Paul answered that.... because instead of piggy-backing and overriding the standard ECU, you get full control and don't have to make any compromises. You pay for that though I guess.

UltraFlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2006, 05:12 PM   #13
Suprash
Sex, drugs and Hardhouse

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
I thought Paul answered that.... because instead of piggy-backing and overriding the standard ECU, you get full control and don't have to make any compromises. You pay for that though I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whifbitz
It doesn't offer the same control as a stand alone, big problem using these on the Supra is the std ECU map which has the sequential turbo changeover parameters which are very hard to get spot on when using a single or big twins, it works reasonably well on a stock turbo setup though.
So he's saying that a piggy back ECU is harder to map for singles and twins at its just frigging the std ecu map which is trying to account for sequential
Hybrid turbos,full de-cat,HKS Hyper,Blitz Induction kit,Apexi Boost & EGT gauge,Southbend clutch,Lightened flywheel,Goodridge steel brake lines,Walbro pump/FSE & AFR,Racing hart wheels,Blitz skirts and a Bomex front.
Suprash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2006, 08:44 PM   #14
UltraFlynn
[52.4 Miles] 50 MC 8:41

None - Don't currently own a MKIV Supra.

Yes.

So if you're going to run stock (or close to stock, i.e. hybrids) then the E-manage is a good solution. If you're going to go single or big twin (which isn't sequential remember) then you don't want to be fighting the stock ECU all the time and a full replacement ECU is the way to go. e.g. a Power FC.

UltraFlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 09:22 AM   #15
?uestlove

Jap Spec RZ - Manual (TT)

Wow 750 pounds, freight to UK must be exp! Can buy them online for $1400 Aussie dollars. Anyways, Power FC Is a full replacement ecu model specific, runs everything like factory, like aircon etc etc, e-manage doesnt have half the things PFC does.

Guys in Aus run over 400rwkw with a PFC controlling it, and drives like a normal daily!
?uestlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2006, 09:26 PM   #16
Whifbitz
Recognised Trades

Jap Spec RZ - Manual (TT)

Power FC's are very easy to map actually, they come with a very good base map so you dont have to waste a lot of time messing around with the boring bits, more or less plug it in, make a few adjustments and then map it. This obviously helps keep the cost down for the customer, we dont charge anymore to fit and map a Power FC than we do to fit and map an Emanage.
I'm mapping a T88 Supra on 1.5 bar tomorrow, I'll let you all know how it goes, should be a flyer!

**** NEW WORKSHOP NOW OPEN IN ENFIELD,NORTH LONDON ****
Whifbitz is offline   Reply With Quote