MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > General Chat > General Supra Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General Supra Chat All other Supra related chat.

Old 15th July 2004, 10:41 AM   #41
Chris Wilson
Non-Approved Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (B6AVE @ July 11 2004,21:21)]LOL why is that a thread in its own right!!!
Is there something wrong with 19s on a supra.
In my opinion, and I make my living doing race car suspension anlysis, custom parts and set ups, there is EVERYTHING wrong with 19 inch rims on the MKIV. If I were to buy another MKIV for my own use i'd stick to 17 inch rims, maybe 18 inch if i needed the extra brake clearance. IMO 19 inch rims are a very expensive way to bugger up a MKIV. Far cheaper to fit some Taiwanese tyres if screwing the handling is your goal

Spend the money on top quality tyres and brake pads and fluid. Not as galmorous, but if driving the thing is the aim, then that's where the money should go.
Chris Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2004, 10:50 AM   #42
chiefgroover

Single Turbo - Manual

way to go Chris, in a land full of big alloys and shit cheapie tyres, thats a breath of fresh air to hear. Tyres are the single most important purchase for your handling, and boy o boy are Supra's tyre sensitive. Recently saw a UK spec with 19" wheels and "Sureslide crapo wobbly" tyres, owner must be pretty pissed off with his cornering lmao.
Old 15th July 2004, 05:57 PM   #43
B6AVE

Send a message via MSN to B6AVE

Lol Im really struggling to find sum wheels that will go on the supra and arent expensive and look good aswell. Will def stick with the 18s now.
toyota supra GZ TARGA TT jap Greddy titanium exhaust, envy decatted, apexi safc 2, TRD fuelcut defender, blitz induction kit, uk spec brakes and wheels, resprayed in cosmos blue, oyster leather retrim, custom ice install, personal plate B6 AVE aka BE AVE
B6AVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2004, 09:32 PM   #44
Chris Wilson
Non-Approved Trader

The aftermarket wheel industry is about as bad as it gets. Salesmen will pretend to be technicians and talk you into totally unsuitable, often dangerous fitments, that have wrong offset, wrong centre hole diameter, poor stud hole length, weigh a ton, made of 8rap material, and are often anything but round, with an out of balance factor like one legged gymnast. 90% of correct fitments are either ugly, OE, or mega expensive, custom made, with a long and unreliable lead time. It's a minefield, step with great care.
Chris Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2004, 10:28 PM   #45
B6AVE

Thats great, basically im even more stumped as to what to get. The very few that I do like cost more than the car. Me thinks im gonna wait a while till I buy the wheels that I want. Wont be long till im a fully qualified gasman, plumber and I will be on full wage and can afford sumthing reasonable. Does anyone own a time machine to take me to then cause the standard wheels are horrible.
toyota supra GZ TARGA TT jap Greddy titanium exhaust, envy decatted, apexi safc 2, TRD fuelcut defender, blitz induction kit, uk spec brakes and wheels, resprayed in cosmos blue, oyster leather retrim, custom ice install, personal plate B6 AVE aka BE AVE
Old 15th July 2004, 10:47 PM   #46
B6AVE

Chief groover could you please show me a pic of your antera 309s on your car as would like to see what they look like in the supra.

Cheers mate
Old 15th July 2004, 11:05 PM   #47
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

If you click on the gallery button at the top of the forum, Chief has his own album and you can see the wheels.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2004, 02:20 PM   #48
B6AVE

they look really nice.
Old 16th July 2004, 03:23 PM   #49
chiefgroover

Single Turbo - Manual

Thank you. IF i was buying again i would consider these
www.azev.de/images/programm/color/ps.jpg , more expensive but very very nice, and top quality. Maybe you'll make me an irresistible offer on mine and i'll get these lol.
[img]www.azev.de/images/programm/color/ps.jpg[/img]
Old 16th July 2004, 11:03 PM   #50
B6AVE

yeah i saw those aswell, very nice but cost alot of money though.