MSOC Forums

Go Back   MSOC Forums > Technical > Engine Tuning
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Engine Tuning All technical chat regarding the 2JZ

Old 4th April 2006, 12:46 AM   #1
Megatron

UK Spec - Auto
Default Rod Millen Motorsport Downpipe

Hey everyone! Recently bought myself a 94 UK Spec TT auto! Been loving the performance! I have fitted a Nur-Spec R exhaust and an Apexi induction kit and am looking for a downpipe (DP). I am aware that the JDM DP as offered by Takakaira will not fit on my car. I have however found the catalogue at MVPmotorport.com to be very comprehensive and am very intersted in the RMM DP. But as it is based in the states, and thereofe mainly caters for US Spec cars, will the RMM DP fit on my car? I live in Malaysia, and have found that it is more cost effective to purchase the DP from the states rather than the UK. Can anyone help??!
Megatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 06:08 AM   #2
Suprash
Sex, drugs and Hardhouse

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

I believe the UK spec and US spec are the same, but you had better wait for someone more knowledgable then myself......
Hybrid turbos,full de-cat,HKS Hyper,Blitz Induction kit,Apexi Boost & EGT gauge,Southbend clutch,Lightened flywheel,Goodridge steel brake lines,Walbro pump/FSE & AFR,Racing hart wheels,Blitz skirts and a Bomex front.
Suprash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 07:22 AM   #3
Megatron

UK Spec - Auto

Yup that wot i initially thought too! But ive read here sumwhere that its possible to take only one of the two cats out! But the pics of the RMM DP seems to suggest that its a one piece pipe replacing both cats! Hmm...knda confused here now!
Old 4th April 2006, 08:22 AM   #4
The Restorer
Super Moderator

UK Spec - Auto
Send a message via MSN to The Restorer Send a message via Skype™ to The Restorer

Both cats can be taken out. In the UK, some tend to keep one in to pass the annual emissions test.

Oh and welcome to the club!

Moaeed

Quote:
Those who speak most of progress measure it by quantity and not by quality.
- George Santayana
89 Corolla 1.3 ---> 96 306 1.9TD ---> 94 Corolla 1.3 ---> 94 UK Supra (RIP) ---> 53 E46 M3 SMG II

The Restorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 07:20 PM   #5
Martin F
Administrator

UK Spec - Manual
Send a message via MSN to Martin F

Pipes that remove both or only one CATs are available the choice is yours. I wouldn't hunt around specifically for a Rod Millen one IMO as they are a little overpriced, plenty of good quality clones around.

UK6TT + Bits & Bobs

'Remember folks, the inside lane isn't just for Xmas'

MSOC FAQ MSOC Members Discounts MSOC Resources
Martin F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2006, 11:20 PM   #6
Megatron

UK Spec - Auto

Thanks everyone! The RMM DP wud cost USD $299 plus shipping! I wud get a cheaper alternative but living in Asia means that they only stock JDM parts over here! I guess i'll proceed wif the purchase then!

Btw how much power gains am I looking at here with the DP installed? Ive read in a US Mag featuring a 1994 US Spec TT 6-speed, it produced approximately 40 Wheel Horsepower! Thats equivalent to 60 Hp increase at the crank??! Cud that be right? The car dynoed with a baseline figure (everythng stock) of 272.5 Wheel Horsepower, and after a few mods; exhaust, filter and DP, the figure hiked to 340 Wheel horsepower (equating to 400 HP at the crank??!)without the boost being raised! I dynoed my car last week and only came to 300 Hp (with the mods being only to the exhaust and induction kit) at the crank!
Old 5th April 2006, 05:59 AM   #7
Suprash
Sex, drugs and Hardhouse

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

Yeah those figures sound about right, guess you will be smiling after. The DP is the most cost effective and single biggest increase on a bang for buck scale. Everything after that, the increases get smaller and start to cost more

Just make sure you get a boost gauage as well so you can then monitor your boost levels, your a US/UK spec so shouldnt have problems with your turbos over-spooling now that your cats wont be there to restrict them, but better to be safe then sorry......
Hybrid turbos,full de-cat,HKS Hyper,Blitz Induction kit,Apexi Boost & EGT gauge,Southbend clutch,Lightened flywheel,Goodridge steel brake lines,Walbro pump/FSE & AFR,Racing hart wheels,Blitz skirts and a Bomex front.
Old 6th April 2006, 12:03 AM   #8
Megatron

UK Spec - Auto

Wow! Cant wait to get the Dyno figures after fitting the DP Yea m thinking of fitting a Boost gauge along with an HKS EVC I jst hope its not too much on the tranny tho!
Old 6th April 2006, 05:57 AM   #9
Suprash
Sex, drugs and Hardhouse

Jap Spec RZ-S - Manual

The tranny will be fine even after decat, Im not too hot on the autos, but I know or pretty sure things like high stall converters arent fitted until your kicking on towards having a single turbo fitted, I could be wrong on this ??
Old 6th April 2006, 09:36 PM   #10
Cuthbert
Old Timer

UK Spec - Auto

IIRC, stock auto box is good for around 450bhp.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote